.bip Dharma Ransomware is another new variant of Crysis/Dharma Ransomware that appends .BIP extension to the targeted files. Once the extension is added, the file gets encrypted and it totally becomes inaccessible. It does a depth scanning of PC hard-disk in search of the files that will be encrypted. The extension will be applied in .id-[id].[email].bip format. For example, if a .jpg image file will get encrypted, it will change to .jpg.id-BCBEF350.[Beamsell@qq.com].bip.
.bip Dharma Ransomware can encrypt targeted computer files, hard-disk data, shared virtual machine host drives, and mapped network drives, unmapped network shares and so on. If there is vulnerabilities in network share permission then it is at huge risk of getting encrypted by this ransomware. This malware is highly sophisticated and it deletes the “Shadow Volume Copies” as well thus it becomes almost impossible to recover the files unless you have the backup data. It runs vssadmin delete shadows /all /quiet command to delete data. It stores two different ranomsom notes on the infected PC namely Info.hta and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt. The info.hta ransom note is launched as autorun when the computer is logged in. The latter ransom note is stored on the desktop. The ransom note asks the victims to contact Beamsell@qq.com in order to get the payment instruction.
The files encrypted by .bip Dharma Ransomware cannot be recovered back unless you have the backup files. If you are lucky then you may find “Shadow Volume Copies” of the encrypted files to be intact but unfortunately this doesn’t happens in most cases. However, it is also very important that all the files and payloads of .bip Dharma Ransomware is removed from the PC so that you can begin the data recovery process. Scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and then use the backup files.
How to Protect PC from .bip Dharma Ransomware
- Follow a good computing and Online browsing habits and use an intact security firewall settings
- Always creates a tested backup of your important data on regular basis
- Make sure that no computers in the network is connected directly to Internet
- Place computer running remote desktop behind VPNs
- Don’t open email attachments if you don’t recognize the senders
- Use a powerful password for any kind of login
Remove .bip Dharma Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .bip Dharma Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete .bip Dharma Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .bip Dharma Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .bip Dharma Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .bip Dharma Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .bip Dharma Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .bip Dharma Ransomware manually?
Eliminate .bip Dharma Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .bip Dharma Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .bip Dharma Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .bip Dharma Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.bip Dharma Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\.bip Dharma Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .bip Dharma Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .bip Dharma Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .bip Dharma Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.