.BIG2 File Ransomware is a data-encrypting malware that is highly skilled to lock or damage the targeted files. It can encrypt various kinds of files and can attack all the popular Windows OS. It gets inside the PC secretly using highly advanced and deceiving intrusion method. It is fully skilled to hide its payloads and files from detection by security firewalls. Like any other data-encrypting malware, it does a depth scanning of the System hard-disk in order the files and applications that it can encrypt. .BIG2 File Ransomware basically targets files related to MS Office docs, multimedia files, and day-to-day used files. According to cyber-experts, it uses the combination of AES and RSA encryption algorithm.
.BIG2 File Ransomware drops the ransom note every folders that contains the encrypted files. Ransom money is asked from the victim and it is to be paid within a particular timeframe otherwise the data or files will get deleted permanently. However, this is a bogus claim and you must not communicate with cyber-criminals. It will be a big mistake to pay the ransom money as it is wastage of time and money. And most of all, cyber-criminals uses the ransom money for developing other severe harmful infection and malware.
If your files and data has been encrypted by .BIG2 File Ransomware then you must not get panic first of all. Choose a powerful anti-malware tool that can remove the payloads and files from your work-station. Once the PC becomes malware free, you can recover the encrypted data using backup files, “Volume shadow copies” or data recovery software.
Remove .BIG2 File Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .BIG2 File Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete .BIG2 File Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .BIG2 File Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .BIG2 File Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .BIG2 File Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .BIG2 File Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .BIG2 File Ransomware manually?
Eliminate .BIG2 File Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .BIG2 File Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .BIG2 File Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .BIG2 File Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.BIG2 File Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .BIG2 File Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .BIG2 File Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .BIG2 File Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.