Proper Guidance to Uninstall BetterMovies Search Plus Permanently
Many of the PC users are asking about BetterMovies Search Plus so this article is for those users. Many cyber-experts suggest it is a browser-hijacker and hence if you are also facing some kind of issues related with it then here is all the solution for you.
Depth Analysis of BetterMovies Search Plus
This application looks like a genuine search-engine provider in first glance. It has a proper search-bar and has shortcut links to popular websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon etc. In few minute usages, you will realize that it is bombarding a lot of commercial adverts and unwanted notification. They could be based on affiliate marketing, pay-per-click, sponsored ads and so on. They get spread all over the screen and this is very irritating. You will instantly notice a change in the browser settings such as default homepage, search-engine provider, new-tab URL etc. You will primarily get redirected to three websites namely go.movix.com, bettersearchapps.com and movix.eanswers.com. So, you must avoid clicking any of the related ads, links, and pop-ups and so on.
Every time when you open the homepage of BetterMovies Search Plus, you will certain ads and links pop-ups simultaneously on the screen. Interacting with such links redirects the webpage over some highly perilous domains. It collects details about your browsing habits and pattern and transfer to a predefined server. These collected data are used to show customized commercial ads and pop-ups. This potentially unwanted program will alter the contents and keyword of the websites that you visit. Your search settings will also get changed without permission. And above all, it illegally adds questionable plug-ins and toolbar in the browser that are spying agents. Your search queries will get filtered and is sent to remote server associated with cyber-criminals. It tries to gather identifiable as well as non-identifiable information. It uses browser cookies so that it could examine your browsing pattern.
The footer of the BetterMovies Search Plus homepage have links to its privacy-policy page. It directly says that it can collect your data such as browsing history, username, email ID, telephone number, Company and Job titles etc. It says that it can use browser cookies for recording information related to Internet activities. The information that it collects is much more as compared to genuine search-engine provider such as Google and Bing etc. So, stop using any of its service immediately as it is a huge threat for your personal data security and overall PC performance.
Be Careful from freeware and Shareware
The no-cost application usually contains additional attachments with them and they are malware infection usually. So, always choose advance/custom installation process. Deselect or uncheck all the preselected programs to be installed. Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy page very carefully. Don’t download freeware that asks permission to record anything or change the settings of other programs. Improve your PC performance and security by using a powerful anti-malware tool.
Remove BetterMovies Search Plus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with BetterMovies Search Plus then you were highly suggested to delete BetterMovies Search Plus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like BetterMovies Search Plus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove BetterMovies Search Plus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall BetterMovies Search Plus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete BetterMovies Search Plus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of BetterMovies Search Plus manually?
Eliminate BetterMovies Search Plus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out BetterMovies Search Plus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove BetterMovies Search Plus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete BetterMovies Search Plus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\BetterMovies Search Plus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent BetterMovies Search Plus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like BetterMovies Search Plus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by BetterMovies Search Plus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.