24stream PUP is an adware to be precise. It has its official website namely 24stream.com on which users are redirected regularly. It replaces the default homepage and new-tab URL of the browser. It adds so many questionable things in the browser such as plug-ins, web browser toolbar, key-loggers and so on. They spy on users activities and ultimately lead to severe data theft.
The initial symptoms of 24stream PUP attack are aggressive commercial pop-ups, redirection of webpage over questionable domains, commercial banners and bogus deals, and so on. The payloads of 24stream PUP can affect all the popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, IE and so on. Its intrusion is very secret and its often uses highly advance techniques such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer files sharing networks, spam email attachments etc. to get intruded in the marked PC. After settling down, it starts altering the browser settings such as default homepage, the new-tab URL, the search-engine provider and so on. 24stream PUP constantly triggers risky pop-ups and ads. They could bring additionally potentially unwanted program and unsafe payloads in the work-station.
The aim of 24stream PUP is to redirect the webpage over sponsored commercial domains. They try to manipulate with bogus deals, coupons, banners, lucrative offerings and so on. The overall web browsing experience becomes very frustrating. It is very dangerous to interact with such offers because they will manipulate you to reveal your personal information by one way or the other. Additionally, they redirect the webpage over perilous domains where additional malware infection could sneak in the work-station secretly. The extensions and plug-ins that secretly gets installed in the browser cannot be removed directly as they again comes back as soon as the browser is rebooted.
Precaution Tips to Avoid 24stream PUP:
- Don’t download arbitrary programs and files especially from the unofficial sources
- Don’t open email attachments sent by unknown senders
- Don’t use unsafe peer-to-=peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Update the firewall security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool that provide real-time protection
There is no need to panic even if your work-station has already got infected. Just follow the steps mentioned below and get rid of this perilous infection instantly.
Remove 24stream PUP using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with 24stream PUP then you were highly suggested to delete 24stream PUP by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like 24stream PUP. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove 24stream PUP. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall 24stream PUP from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete 24stream PUP using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of 24stream PUP manually?
Eliminate 24stream PUP by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out 24stream PUP as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove 24stream PUP entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete 24stream PUP.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\24stream PUP.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\24stream PUP.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent 24stream PUP and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like 24stream PUP infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by 24stream PUP again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.