Instant Directions Search is associated with search.searchidd.com that looks like a genuine search-engine provider but it is a browser-hijacker in reality. The aim of this PUP is to make quick money through affiliate marketing and pay-per-clicks. The ads and links triggered by Instant Directions Search redirects over unsafe webpage. Even the search-results are questionable and they entice the users to click on the sponsored webpage promoted on the result page. The internet and browser settings are totally modified including the default homepage, search-engine provider, new-tab URL and so on. The offers and features of Instant Directions Search is annoying and disturbing as well. It downloads so many arbitrary files and plug-ins that may also lead to identity theft.
Why Should You Remove Instant Directions Search?
As mentioned earlier, this adware mess up the overall Online browsing experience. But above that, it is compromises with the personal data security. You may end up losing your highly sensitive and personal data such as bank account details, password, and login-information and so on. It exploits the security vulnerabilities and creates a backdoor for other severe malware infection. The DNS and connectivity settings get changed and PC may get directly connected with a remote server.
How Instant Directions Search Attacks the PC?
- With the help of bundlers or installers that contains malware payloads as an additional attachments and components
- By taking advantage of the unsafe activities of users such as downloading freeware from unsafe sources, clicking on random hyperlinks and pop-ups and so on
- Through spam email attachments. The cyber-criminals sends suspicious emails from unknown senders and they contain harmful attachments with them
No matter how malware comes in your PC, if it is there then you must uninstall it as quickly as possible. Both manual as well as automatic process has been elaborated below.
Remove Instant Directions Search using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Instant Directions Search then you were highly suggested to delete Instant Directions Search by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Instant Directions Search. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Instant Directions Search. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Instant Directions Search from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Instant Directions Search using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Instant Directions Search manually?
Eliminate Instant Directions Search by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Instant Directions Search as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Instant Directions Search entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Instant Directions Search.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Instant Directions Search.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\Instant Directions Search.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Instant Directions Search and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Instant Directions Search infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Instant Directions Search again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.