Go.mail.ru: A Serious Online Threat
This page is about Go.mail.ru which is considered as a browser-hijacker by cyber-security experts. Get all the details and steps to remove this malware from all the popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, IE and so on.
Depth Analysis on Go.mail.ru
When a particular piece of adware or add-ons attacks the browser then the user will constantly get redirected to Go.mail.ru. The browser performance becomes very slow and it shows issues of webpage redirection and unwanted modification in the basic configuration of browser. Additionally, the PC screen gets flooded with commercial ads and pop-ups that redirects over unsafe domains. The situation gets totally out of control and browser starts getting to freeze at regular interval.
Reasons behind Go.mail.ru Redirection
As mentioned earlier, Go.mail.ru is similar to a browser-hijacker that redirects webpage and floods commercial ads and pop-ups. With the help of social engineering, the associated cyber-criminals convinced users to click on the lucrative ads. As soon as the pop-ups is clicked, the webpage get redirected over unsafe location where useless commercial products and services are promoted and additionally this could bring malware infection in the backdoor. The associated third-party generates income and you will ultimately be looted. Their offers are presented very attractively and they are impossible in reality.
Go.mail.ru generates ads and interaction with them may lead to poorly designed websites that offers bogus deals, technical support or simply redirect over big banner webpage that claims that you have won certain prizes. It asks your personal information such as username, IP address, geographical location, browsing pattern etc. and shares it with third-party. This is a dangerous activities because third-parties including cyber-criminals will your personal and non-identifiable information for illegal activities. You will start noticing customized ads which are based on your browsing preferences and pattern.
The related bombarded ads appears very lucrative and tempting. It could be product which you have been search for past many days and now it is available at a very low cost. As soon as you click on the pop-up, the webpage get redirected over unsafe websites and harmful plug-ins and add-ons gets downloaded in the backdoor. These downloaded extension in a data spying software that spy on user’s activities. So, you must not interact with any of such ads and pop-ups.
Issued Caused by Go.mail.ru
- Unwanted modification in the basic configuration of browser and they cannot be reverted manually
- High Consumption or RAM and resources and thus most of the application starts to freeze
- Bombarding of ads in differing shapes and sizes, banners, bogus deals, coupons, etc.
- The websites contents get covered with various ads. They contains fake close icon. It actually contains redirection links.
Beware from the Freeware/Shareware
The payloads of malware and spyware usually come in the PC through bundling and social engineering schemes. So, be careful while browsing and don’t download arbitrary files and programs. Avoid clicking on random hyperlinks and pop-ups. Don’t open email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. Use a powerful anti-malware tool to protect your PC from infections such as Go.mail.ru in run-time environment.
Remove Go.mail.ru using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Go.mail.ru then you were highly suggested to delete Go.mail.ru by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Go.mail.ru. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Go.mail.ru. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Go.mail.ru from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Go.mail.ru using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Go.mail.ru manually?
Eliminate Go.mail.ru by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Go.mail.ru as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Go.mail.ru entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Go.mail.ru.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Go.mail.ru and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Go.mail.ru infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Go.mail.ru again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.