Easy Steps to Uninstall Vortex Ransomware Permanently
Vortex Ransomware is a data-encrypting malware that encrypts the targeted files and folders and makes its totally inaccessible. There are cyber-criminals behind this malware who have developer this highly perilous infection to gain financial benefits. After successfully encrypting the files, it shows ransom note to the victims and asks to pay certain amount of money in order to get the decryption key. The encryption algorithm that it chooses is military based cryptography. The extension of the infected files automatically gets replaced with .vortex. The ransom note send by Vortex Ransomware gives an impression that the only single decryption opportunity is to pay the ransom money. The ransom amount is asked to be paid in Bitcoin format so that the identity of cyber-criminals remains unknown. However, the hackers Bitcoin wallet is provided where money is asked to be paid. The victims are encouraged to pay the ransom money as early as possible otherwise they are threatened that their important data and files will get damaged permanently.
The cryptography algorithm is extremely difficult to decrypt and till now, the cyber-experts have not been able to find the decryption key. So, now the question arise is that what should you do if you notice this severe malware in your work-station. Well, the first thing first is to understand that paying the ransom money is not the solution. After all, you have to deal with the cyber-criminals to get the decryption key and there is every possibility of getting cheated. In most case, the original decryption key is not provided even after the complete payment is done. So, you should see the backup files or Volume Shadow Copies and try to recover the encrypted files from there. If that is not possible then you may also try the data recovery software. However, before executing all these steps, scan the work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics. This will remove all the payloads and files associated with Vortex Ransomware and will protect your PC from such attacks in future.
How to Protect the PC from Vortex Ransomware Attack?
- Don’t download arbitrary files and programs especially from the unofficial sources
- Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully
- Always choose advance/custom installation option
- Don’t open emails which are sent by unknown senders
Remove Vortex Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Methods of Vortex Ransomware installation on PC:
Vortex Ransomware writer (Hackers and Cyber attackers) uses numbers of various kinds of methods in order to spread their malicious programs. Most of the time, they heavily relay on some methods like (social engineering, malware vectors, bundling process, etc.) in order to attempt to trick the Users to get install this threat inside PC. Cyber Criminals were well known to use exploit packs in order to craft webpages to exploit vulnerabilities in System as well as program software just like (drive by download).
P2P wreaks havoc: It is one of most popular method which is being used by this threat to get distributed to one device to another one. Since, Vortex Ransomware is already one device so as their owner will connect their device to another one for peer to peer file sharing, the other System can be get infected by this threat too.
Installer for free, any taker: Vortex Ransomware can also get installed inside the marked PC by getting advantage from their own official released installer. Most of the Users were come across this installed just surfing through untrusted domain. As they install this threat’s installer, it is obvious for PC to install this threat.
Drive-by-download: Another scenario can be face by PC that, whenever the Users want to surf on Internet some pop-up message with FTP/Http will instantly shows up which freezes the entire browser’s functions and force the Users to download any particular Computer. Technically, those files can be infected via this vermin so clicking it on those offering probably ends up the marked PC as infected.
The vulnerability route: Another method of Vortex Ransomware installation is through exploiting security holes through PC’s installed browsers. Even if you won’t click on any malicious pop-ups, a malicious domain can deliver its payload of malware. Vortex Ransomware is the one of the most notorious pest in recent times which is suspected to be get installed by vulnerability route of browser.
Deceptive online software marketing method: It is one of the most used methods which were applied by malware. Probably this threat also uses this method in order to get installed inside the PC. This infection will merge with some third party’s freeware, shareware and program’s supportive files so whenever they got downloaded by any program or Users, the threat will automatically get installed inside the PC along with those files.
If this threat already installed inside the PC and you want to fix it then it is suggested to install Expert’s effective Automatic Removal Tool in order to uninstall Vortex Ransomware from Computer.
Vortex Ransomware: Online as well as Offline impacts
Online errors faced can by Users due to this threat:
- It will change your browser’s default search engine along with homepage and new tab page.
- From the beginning to last of surfing, you will constantly end up redirected to same malicious domain (especially to websites with 404 error page).
- You are blocked from accessing the security related domains.
- While surfing session you were forces to face numbers of pop-up ads and junk notifications.
- Due to unauthorized modifications by Vortex Ransomware, your Computer’s Internet Speed does sluggish.
- You will also eventually get blue screen error (BSOD error) which freezes your entire browser’s process.
- You won’t be able to log out your own personal account due to modification in domain’s java scripts.
- Some strange toolbars and browser extension were automatically installed which increase browsing loading time.
- It will cause your browser freezing which can crashes eventually.
- In will runs click fraud and phishing functions online in order to increase Internet traffic of particular domain and illegally earn some revenue.
- Your mails, social messages were not able to send. It will bounce back right after sending to particular recipient.
Offline errors associated to Vortex Ransomware have been found by experts:
- Some strange Icons were automatically installed inside your Computer’s taskbar, System tray as well as Desktop.
- You can find out some unwanted programs installed inside the PC named inside the Control Panel’s program list.
- You can notice unusual amount of file’s name were attached to favourites which even you don’t know.
- Strange problems were keeps happening while User’s work (performance issues, program gets crashes, etc.)
- PC’s performance got decreased since this vermin installed.
- Even you will not doing any particular work on PC, the RAM as well as CPU resources usage got higher than expect.
- Drives files were modified automatically or they were automatically moved to another drive volume.
- Malicious files replicate with legitimate and automatically delete from PC.
- As after starting the System the PC display got flips upside down or inverted.
- Automatic printing of documents and changing of desktop wallpaper.
- Not opening up task manager or taskbar disappearance.
- PC will take long time of booting and sometime it will restart automatically.
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Vortex Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Vortex Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Vortex Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Vortex Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Vortex Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Vortex Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Vortex Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Vortex Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Vortex Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Vortex Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Vortex Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Vortex Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Vortex Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Vortex Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Vortex Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.