VideoAdBlocker is yet another untrustworthy and suspicious browser extension that secretly gets added in the browser. As claimed, this extension functionality is to stop the commercial third-party ads and pop-ups on the YouTube website. This is a useful features and judging by the appearance alone, VideoAdBlocker looks like a legitimate application. However, cyber-experts have some other things to say about it. VideoAdBlocker is categorized as a potentially unwanted program due to its hidden installation method and due to several suspicious activities that it does in the background. It is responsible for intrusive commercial ads and pop-ups that you notice while browsing. On the other hand, it racks the activities of users and may steal highly sensitive and personal details.
Depth Analysis of VideoAdBlocker (More Details)
VideoAdBlocker is promoted as if it will block the bombarding of commercial ads however contrary to what it says, it itself delivers so many commercial and sponsored pop-ups. It displays commercial coupons, ads, banners, bogus deals, price comparisons pop-ups etc. on every visited webpage. With the help of certain tools, it displays graphical contents on the middle of the webpage. The Online browsing experience starts degrading and gets worse. The ads that it delivers redirect the webpage over perilous domains. They could download scripts that download other suspicious items such as plug-ins and add-ons, key-loggers etc. in the backdoor. Hence, it is very risky to interact with such pop-ups. As mentioned, it has data-tracking capability and hence it could steal highly sensitive data such as bank account details, password, debit and credit card information and so on. These sensitive data will be shared with third-parties and cyber-criminals for money and financial benefits. So, there is risk of privacy issues as well as identity theft. Hence you must uninstall VideoAdBlocker from the PC as quickly as possible.
Don’t get manipulated and misguide the bogus features and offers presented by VideoAdBlocker. It has been developed by cyber-cribbers and their only aim is to make money. They don’t bother about the user’s interest. The so called helpful features are just an attempt to present itself as helpful. They do nothing helpful and rather they collect sensitive data and continuously deliver intrusive ads and pop-ups.
How VideoAdBlocker Gets Installed in the PC?
On its official website, VideoAdBlocker is free to download. It is also available on several Online Stores of respective browsers. However in general, it gets inside the PC secretly using tricks such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, freeware downloads and so on. It comes hidden under custom/advance installation steps. So, you have to be very careful while Online browsing and especially when you agree to download any application in the work-station. Read their terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully. Always choose advance/custom installation steps so that you can see the hidden attachments and stop them from getting installed in the PC. Don’t try to hurry up the download process by choose basic/default installation method. Don’t clink on random links and notifications. Be careful from spam emails as well. Update the overall PC security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool.
Remove VideoAdBlocker using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with VideoAdBlocker then you were highly suggested to delete VideoAdBlocker by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like VideoAdBlocker . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove VideoAdBlocker . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall VideoAdBlocker from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete VideoAdBlocker using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of VideoAdBlocker manually?
Eliminate VideoAdBlocker by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out VideoAdBlocker as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove VideoAdBlocker entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete VideoAdBlocker .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ VideoAdBlocker .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent VideoAdBlocker and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like VideoAdBlocker infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by VideoAdBlocker again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.