firstname.lastname@example.org is a data-encrypting malware created by cyber-criminal to lock all the targeted files and then cheat the innocent victims by asking to pay for getting the decryption key. After settling down, it immediately starts encrypting the files and programs using powerful data-encrypting ciphers. The ransom note is displayed as desktop wallpaper that says that several files have been locked and it can only be accessed using the decryption key. email@example.com changes the extension of every targeted files and programs. Interestingly, the cyber-criminals behind ransomware ask the victim to pay money in Bitcoin virtual money so that their identity remains hidden.
What kind of files Ransomware Encrypt?
Cyber-criminals execute certain code in order to fully scan the work-station and search for the files that it can encrypt. This file could be multimedia docs, MS Office files, image, video, and so on. The extension of the files gets changed and when you try to access them, a ransom message appears on the screen. As per research, it uses the combination of AES and RSA encryption method. Your files are important and they are now locked. This obviously creates panic and cyber-criminals take advantage of this.
How to Recover Encrypted Files?
As per the cyber-criminals ransom note, the files can only be accessed again if you use the decryption key. This unique key is stored in the cyber-criminals server and they ask you to pay money for this. Remember that you are dealing with cyber-criminals and there is no guarantee that you will get the decryption key once the money is paid. There is could be scam and you may not get the original key even after making full payment. So, cyber-experts strongly oppose to pay any kind of ransom money. Rather it is advised to first remove all the payload and files related to firstname.lastname@example.org so that encryption of other files and programs could be stopped. Once your PC becomes free from malware, you can begin the data recovery process by using backup file, using “Volume Shadow Copies” or using a powerful data recovery tool. If you have the backup files then you don’t have to worry much.
Precautionary Tips to Avoid Ransomware Attack
- Be careful spam email campaign. Don’t open email attachments sent by unknown senders
- Don’t download arbitrary files and programs
- Avoid clicking on random hyperlinks and pop-ups
- Avoid visiting questionable domains that contains porn and adult contents
- Don’t interact with bogus schemes and Online surveys
Remove email@example.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with firstname.lastname@example.org then you were highly suggested to delete email@example.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove email@example.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall firstname.lastname@example.org from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete email@example.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of firstname.lastname@example.org manually?
Eliminate email@example.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out firstname.lastname@example.org as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove email@example.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\email@example.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent firstname.lastname@example.org and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like email@example.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by firstname.lastname@example.org again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.