Update Checker is a questionable application that has been developed by MySoftPack. As per its claims, it provides quick information about outdated drivers and checks the smooth performance of PC. This is a potentially unwanted program because it secretly gets installed in the PC and constantly generates irritating pop-ups to update the full version. After the installation of such program, there will be an automatic increase in the intrusive advertisements and pop-ups. It starts tracking the Online browsing activities in order to cheat personal information.
On the infected PC, the users will regularly get redirected to webpage showing bogus update notification including “Adobe Flash Player Setup”, “Java File Download”, “Multimedia Player Update” and so on. If you agree to download to recommended software download or update, you would realize that harmful files also got downloaded in the backdoor. You will starts facing several issues including a sudden decrease in the overall PC performance. The graphical commercial advertisements are displayed on every visited webpage. The keyword and webpage original content gets modified. Questionable scripts are downloaded in the browser in order to install additional malware and spyware in the backdoor. So, any kind of carelessness can result in several malware infections and this will happen without any kind of permission from you.
Suspicious Activities by Update Checker
- Constantly triggers intrusive commercial ads and pop-ups
- Spy on users activities in order to cheat sensitive data such as IP address, browsing history, Online shopping patter, browser settings such as default homepage and search-engine provider and so on
- Connects the PC with a control and command server and thus allows third-party to access the infected work-station remotely
- Creates concern for data privacy and leads to identity theft
- Execute exploitation of PC security and creates loopholes for installing other malware infection
Update Checker is not a stand-alone infection and rather there are several other similar malware and potentially unwanted program that could get entry in your PC simultaneously. Though it claims to offers several genuine looking offers however its ultimate aim is to gain passive revenue for associated cyber-criminals. It will not help you in doing your day-to-day activities nor does it provide any kind of enhancement in PC performance. It is based on manipulation and the uses are spammed hence it is advised to delete Update Checker as quickly as possible.
How Update Checker Does Came Inside the PC?
- With the help of “Bundling”, “Social Engineering” and “Intrusive advertisement”
- Freeware/Shareware contains additional hidden components which could malware payloads
- Through spam email attachments that contains bogus attachments presented as a Tax Refund bill, Salary Slip, Receipt and so on
- Clicking on random hyperlinks and notification
Any kind of software download/update should be executed very carefully. Always choose advance/custom installation process so that additional attachment could get detected and should be stopped to download. Read the terms and agreement and EULA very carefully and don’t download unnecessary application.
Remove Update Checker using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Update Checker then you were highly suggested to delete Update Checker by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Update Checker. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Update Checker. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Update Checker from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Update Checker using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Update Checker manually?
Eliminate Update Checker by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Update Checker as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Update Checker entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Update Checker.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Update Checker.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Update Checker and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Update Checker infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Update Checker again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.