I am sure your reading this blog on Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware because your important data has been encrypted by it. This is not an easy infection to deal with. In order to get rid of it permanently, you will have to remove all its payloads and files from the work-station permanently. All the files that have .cdrpt file extension on it are encrypted and you cannot access them without the decryption key. The researches shows that Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware is the new variant of .cdrpt file virus and like its previous version, its aim is to compel the victims to pay hefty amount as ransom money.
How Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware Circulated?
The primary sources of circulating ransomware are through spam email attachments. Such spam emails project themselves as if they are coming from some reputed company or governmental organization. The emails are written in Russian language and this indicates that cyber-criminals are Russian speaking users. The subject of the emails says that there is an issue with the PC and hence you have to open the email to know the detail. It projects as if the there is an issue with your bank account, suspicious activities are executed on your social media profile, and so on. It asks you download the attachments and thus the malware payload immediately get downloaded. The payload is in .exe file format. It gains administrative permission and triggers malicious scripts in the backdoor. The wallpaper of the PC gets replaced with the ransom note. It also uses Tor Network to promote suspicious websites promoting ransomware.
After settling down, it starts encrypting the files. The file could be multimedia, MS Office docs, and basically the files that you use on regular basis. It also drops the ransom note that asks the victims to pay the money within particular time frame. But according the cyber-experts, it is never recommended to pay ransom money. This is a spam because the cyber-criminals don’t pay the original decryption key even after the money is paid. So, first of all, scan your work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool and remove all the related payloads and files of Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware. Once the PC become free from malware, recovery the encrypted files using “Backup files”, “Volume Shadow Copies” or using data recovery tool.
Remove Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Unlock92 2.0 Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.