Steps to Delete Trojan.Winlock Permanently
Trojan.Winlock is a perilous malware infection that secretly comes in the PC along with other applications downloaded from unsafe sources. After settling down, it gains “Root” access so that it could start its perilous activities as soon as the PC is booted. It integrates its core files in the Operating System and hence it becomes very difficult to detect it. It constantly tries to download other serious harmful files in the background and thus a severe negative impact could be noticed on the overall PC performance. After downloading the harmful files, the source code is removed so that it doesn’t get detected. Very interestingly, Trojan.Winlock disguises itself as an important application and don’t let the users to uninstall it easily.
Trojan.Winlock interrupts the normal day-to-day activities. It modifies the registry entries and System files unnecessarily and thus so many other applications starts to malfunction. The normal commands from users don’t get executed and unusual error messages and pop-ups occur on the screen. A type of panic is created in users mind. It starts delivering bogus notifications claiming that PC is damaged or personal data stored in the hard-disk are at risk. This is a trick to convince the victims to buy the recommended services and bogus security programs. On the other hand, infections like Trojan.Winlock create loopholes in the PC security and try to bring other malware. The browser settings are also modified and suspicious plug-ins and add-ons are added in it. This browser plug-ins constantly follows Online activities of users. They show no mercy in recording the sensitive data including bank account details, password, and login-information and so on. All these data are exposed to third-party in exchange of money. Ultimately, it is the victim who faces huge financial loss.
How Trojan.Winlock Can Get Inside the PC?
Before knowing how to remove Trojan.Winlock from PC, it is equally important to know how it came inside. The associated cyber-criminals are very skilled and they use all types of tactics and tricks to bring malware payloads in the concerned PC. Some of them are bundling, social engineering, injecting malicious codes in the peer-to-peer file sharing networks, MalSpam campaigns and so on. All these methods are very deceiving. The users are not asked for any permission or approval. So, uses have to be careful and cautious regarding the way they download any program in the PC, click on links and pop-ups and open email attachments. For precautions, it is recommended to always use advance/custom installation method. Read the terms and agreement carefully. Don’t open email attachments that the sent the people whom you don’t know. Don’t get manipulated or enticed by attractive notifications and pop-ups. Update the security firewall settings to get complete protection in run-time environment.
Remove Trojan.Winlock using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Trojan.Winlock then you were highly suggested to delete Trojan.Winlock by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Trojan.Winlock. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Trojan.Winlock. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Trojan.Winlock from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Trojan.Winlock using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Trojan.Winlock manually?
Eliminate Trojan.Winlock by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Trojan.Winlock as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Trojan.Winlock entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Trojan.Winlock.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Trojan.Winlock.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Trojan.Winlock and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Trojan.Winlock infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Trojan.Winlock again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.