Steps to Delete TQV Ransomware Permanently
TQV Ransomware is a file encrypting malware. If it infects any Windows based PC then user would notice several of their personal files and folders have become inaccessible. It appends .TVQ extension in every file that it encrypts. For example, if a file named as file.jpg gets encrypted, its name will change to “file.jpg.TVQ”. When you try to access, it delivers a ransom note on the screen named as “@@README.TXT”. This ransom note is also stored in every folder that contains the locked file. This ransom note creates panic because it asks victims to pay certain money as ransom in order to get the decryption key. The original decryption key is stored in the personal server of cyber-criminals at a remote location. The problem is that the developer of TQV Ransomware doesn’t provide the original decryption key even after the money is paid.
The ransom note of TQV Ransomware doesn’t have much information. It only commands to pay ransom and doesn’t contain any technical information such as cryptography type used for encrypting the files. So, till now it is not known whether it uses symmetric or asymmetric cryptography cipher. Every victim will receive a unique decryption key however it uses public encryption key to infect mass computers and files. The amount of ransom note is also not fixed. It varies from $500 to $1500 probably based on the number of files it encrypts. The money is asked to be paid in Bitcoin Cryptocurrency. As mentioned earlier, there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after you pay the ransom. Most of the developers of ransomware totally ignore the victims once they receive the money. You will not get any positive result even after the money is paid. So, it is better that you use some alternate ways. It will not be very difficult to recover the encrypted files if you have created backup files in some external drives. You must also check “Shadow Volume Copies” because most of the ransomware doesn’t delete it. If any kind of backup is not available they you can try using data recovery tool.
How to Protect PC from TQV Ransomware:
To know about protection tips, you must know the possible reasons or ways through which TQV Ransomware travels. Some of the popular methods of intrusion are peer-to-peer file sharing networks, freeware downloads, spam email attachments and bundlers. As a precautionary method, you must avoid downloading anything from unsafe sources especially through peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents. Closely scrutinize the received emails from unknown senders and download the attachments if it looks suspicious. And above all, use a powerful anti-malware tool that contains powerful scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove TQV Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with TQV Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete TQV Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like TQV Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove TQV Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall TQV Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete TQV Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of TQV Ransomware manually?
Eliminate TQV Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out TQV Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove TQV Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete TQV Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ TQV Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent TQV Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like TQV Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by TQV Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.