“System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” Tech Support Says PC Got Infected with WannaCry Attack
Do you constantly see “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” pop ups while browsing especially when you visit some new websites that you have never visited in the past. If yes then there is sad news for you that your PC has been infected with an adware. It misguides the victims by claiming that their PC has been infected with WannCrypt ransomware malware. This is an example of how cyber-criminals are using the name of latest and most popular cyber-threat of recent times in order to promote their own suspicious and bogus tech-support service. “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” claims that if you shut-down the System or press any key or mouse then the ransomware will attack instantly. It recommends and manipulate the victim to make a telephonic call on 0044 (800) 069 8527. You will be misguided to purchase or install useless and suspicious software. Additionally, it will try to convince you to download remote access tool in your work-station so that the so called technician who are cyber-criminals in reality could easily access your work-station. This is a manipulative technique to access your PC and get your personal and sensitive information. You should never make any kind of connection with such fake Microsoft technician and instead you should use a powerful anti-malware tool to maintain the proper computer security and performance.
The infections like “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” Tech Support is not new to the cyber-world. The purpose of such scam is to make money and get access over the infected PC remotely. It is not going to fix any kind of computer problems and neither will it remove malware and spyware. You should definitely avoid clicking on such pop ups and don’t believe on information provided by them. It could be very irritating when you such pop ups while browsing or doing some important tasks. Remember that Microsoft doesn’t have such phone support line so it is clear that the phone number that it shown actually belongs to cyber-criminals and they have bad intention to cheat and misguide you. There will be no loss of data or computer accessibility if you close the pop up or don’t make the call. The cyber-criminals play with your mind and try to take psychological advantage. It is strongly recommended to stay away from “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” Tech Support and scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool.
Remove “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
“System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”: Online as well as Offline impacts
Online errors faced can by Users due to this threat:
- It will change your browser’s default search engine along with homepage and new tab page.
- From the beginning to last of surfing, you will constantly end up redirected to same malicious domain (especially to websites with 404 error page).
- You are blocked from accessing the security related domains.
- While surfing session you were forces to face numbers of pop-up ads and junk notifications.
- Due to unauthorized modifications by “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”, your Computer’s Internet Speed does sluggish.
- You will also eventually get blue screen error (BSOD error) which freezes your entire browser’s process.
- You won’t be able to log out your own personal account due to modification in domain’s java scripts.
- Some strange toolbars and browser extension were automatically installed which increase browsing loading time.
- It will cause your browser freezing which can crashes eventually.
- In will runs click fraud and phishing functions online in order to increase Internet traffic of particular domain and illegally earn some revenue.
- Your mails, social messages were not able to send. It will bounce back right after sending to particular recipient.
Offline errors associated to “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” have been found by experts:
- Some strange Icons were automatically installed inside your Computer’s taskbar, System tray as well as Desktop.
- You can find out some unwanted programs installed inside the PC named inside the Control Panel’s program list.
- You can notice unusual amount of file’s name were attached to favourites which even you don’t know.
- Strange problems were keeps happening while User’s work (performance issues, program gets crashes, etc.)
- PC’s performance got decreased since this vermin installed.
- Even you will not doing any particular work on PC, the RAM as well as CPU resources usage got higher than expect.
- Drives files were modified automatically or they were automatically moved to another drive volume.
- Malicious files replicate with legitimate and automatically delete from PC.
- As after starting the System the PC display got flips upside down or inverted.
- Automatic printing of documents and changing of desktop wallpaper.
- Not opening up task manager or taskbar disappearance.
- PC will take long time of booting and sometime it will restart automatically.
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” then you were highly suggested to delete “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” manually?
Eliminate “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\“System Has Been Locked For Your Safety”.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by “System Has Been Locked For Your Safety” again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.