How to get rid of Searchletter.com (Complete Steps)
If your browser is constantly redirects on Searchletter.com website domain that means you have installed an adware program in your computer. It is mostly get install in your PCs accidently as bundles of freeware or shareware software packages which you are downloaded from internet. Cyber crooks are behind this illegal tactics to earn illegal income and cheat with innocent user. For getting more details, you should read this article completely. I am sure that this article will help you to remove this type of malware from your computer permanently.
Searchletter.com is detected as browser hijacker by Cyber security experts
It is very notorious malware program and computer infection that is belongs to browser hijacker family. It is able to alter your Windows OS based computer without permission and does malicious unnecessary changes in default setting in your computer. Initially, it disables your some genuine application running in your computer such as antimalware program, Firewall security, control panel, System registry setting and other application that causes serious troubles. It injects your System registry editor that causes restart your computer in certain interval of times automatically. It can open the backdoor of your computer and calls the malicious hacker to control your computer in its own ways. However, it can infect your all personal files of your computer that can be high risky for your System privacy & safety.
Searchletter.com is potentially unwanted program that has the capability to hijack your main browser including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and other browsers. It modifies the default setting of home page, new tab and search engine of your browser. You will see lots of ads or popup messages on your browser while you surfing online, once it installed. It displays generally ads in the form of banner, coupons, big discount offers, commercial, TV serial ads, actress or adult related ads, notifications and other.
In the presence of Searchletter.com, you can’t visit the websites that you want. It forcedly redirects your browser on shady or third parties websites domain that spreads malicious adware program in your computer. It shows always bogus results on your browser. It affects your both online & offline activity. Its main aim is to collect your crucial & confidential information such as IP address, URLs search, and geographical locations, cookies, banking information, credit card & ATM number, login ID, email ID, password and more information as well that causes serious troubles. You should scan your computer quickly with very strong antimalware program that has the ability to delete all the junk files or virus from your computer permanently.
Searchletter.com uses malicious tricks to get enters into your PCs and leads major damage:
- Email spam: It can get enters through email spam messages or unsolicited mail and attachments.
- Fake software updates or crack software: If you are using pirated software in your System, then you might get malicious harmful program in your computer as well.
- Downloaded files: It can come from downloaded movie, music, games, pdf, ppt, xlx, documents and other files.
- Malicious ads or popup: It can get enter into your PCs via malicious ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser constantly.
Remove Searchletter.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Searchletter.com then you were highly suggested to delete Searchletter.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Searchletter.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Searchletter.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Searchletter.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Searchletter.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Searchletter.com manually?
Eliminate Searchletter.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Searchletter.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Searchletter.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Searchletter.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Searchletter.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Searchletter.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Searchletter.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.