Is Search.searchdconverter.com a safe webpage? Depth Analysis
Search.searchdconverter.com is an untrusted and questionable domain that may look like a genuine search-engine provider in first glance but it is definitely not. It is a phishing website that uses unethical distribution method and illegally modifies the default configuration of targeted PC. After settling down secretly, it starts modifying the browser settings and changes the search-engine provider and homepage to Search.searchdconverter.com. So, as soon as you open the browser, the first webpage that you will notice is this perilous domain. It has a genuine looking search-bar and shortcut icons for popular websites such as Facebook, Yahoo, and YouTube and so on. This attractive appearance is just a manipulation. Neither it gives correct and organic result for users queries nor does it provide any other profits.
Bogus Claims made by Browser-Hijacker like Search.searchdconverter.com:
- It claims to provide the best and most relevant result for users queries
- Offers beneficial deals, coupons and Online shopping benefits
- Provide quick access to popular websites
The claims discussed about are bogus. You will not get any of the perks that have been mentioned above. This is a marketing strategy so that maximum targeted users use it services. What it actually does is totally opposite and is very dangerous. The webpage promoted in the search result for users queries are totally irrelevant and most of the websites are sponsored. These webpage are there in the result page because they pay commission to cyber-hacker who has developed Search.searchdconverter.com. the bogus deals and offers are also part of scam. As soon as you click on the lucrative looking pop-ups, the webpage gets redirected to sponsored websites. The redirected websites are manipulative and they may claim unusual things like:
- Asks you to take technical call support assistance for fixing System issues
- Will offer browser plug-ins and spyware that spy on users activities and leads to data theft
On a fresh and uninfected PC, the malware like Search.searchdconverter.com could enter in several ways. When you search for freeware/shareware especially for the program for converting high-definition videos, you will be rerouted to this kind of malware prone websites. It secretly downloads its related plug-ins and add-ons in the backdoor that triggers sponsored commercial ads and also spy on user’s activities. Blindly downloading any arbitrary files or clicking on random links is very risky. Avoid downloading freeware especially free media-player, download-manager, toolbar etc. because they normally contain additional unwanted components with them. Be careful from the spam email attachments as well. Such email is usually presented as if it contains tax refund bill, electricity or water consumption bill, and so on. The attachments are generally a .doc or .txt file and they contain hidden malicious codes that get embedded in the PC secretly. So, it is very important to strengthen the PC security settings and always use a powerful anti-malware tool having strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove Search.searchdconverter.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Search.searchdconverter.com then you were highly suggested to delete Search.searchdconverter.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Search.searchdconverter.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Search.searchdconverter.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Search.searchdconverter.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Search.searchdconverter.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Search.searchdconverter.com manually?
Eliminate Search.searchdconverter.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Search.searchdconverter.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Search.searchdconverter.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Search.searchdconverter.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Search.searchdconverter.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Search.searchdconverter.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Search.searchdconverter.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.