Search.hgomapsandirections.com is a questionable and doubtful website that promotes an application namely “Go Maps and Directions” that is supposed provide GPS functionality. However, this application does several other suspicious activities in it the background and thus cyber-criminals categorize it as a potentially unwanted program. Its homepage looks like a genuine search-engine provider containing proper search-bar and shortcut links for popular websites such as Facebook, Amazon, Gmail, Walmart and so on. By this appearance, the innocent victims easily get manipulated. After using Search.hgomapsandirections.com for some time, you will realize that it is not a genuine search-engine.
Some Doubtful Things about Search.hgomapsandirections.com
- It doesn’t have its own database for search queries result. It uses Yahoo search and customize it to show maximum sponsored webpage in the search-result.
- Makes irreversible changes in the PC settings including the default homepage and search-engine provider
- It has data tracking capabilities. It follows user’s activities in order to steal sensitive data such as Online browsing pattern, shopping, Online transaction details, credit and debit card details and so on.
- Leads to data theft and serious issues related to data privacy
Search.hgomapsandirections.com is cunningly designed and by offering legitimate looking applications like “Go Maps and Direction”, it tries to prove its legitimacy which is totally untrue. The associated developers only have one aim that is to make money in quickest way. It doesn’t offer the services and functionality that it had promised. Instead, it leads to trouble by regular webpage redirections and commercial ads pop-ups. The misleading search-queries and commercial redirections mess up the overall Online browsing experience.
Why User Start Using Search.hgomapsandirections.com on Browser?
First of all, the files and payloads of Search.hgomapsandirections.com are downloaded in the browser secretly and it automatically becomes the default homepage. So, basically cyber-criminals uses intrusion tricks such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments etc. to intrude malware payloads secretly in the PC. So, be careful while browsing and don’t do any unnecessary or suspicious activities over Internet. Avoid clicking on any hyperlinks or pop-ups. Don’t download any program from unofficial sources and choose advance/custom installation steps so that additional unwanted file attachments could be avoided. Avoid opening email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. And above all, it is very important to use a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics to get rid of all kind of malware infection in runtime environment.
Remove Search.hgomapsandirections.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Search.hgomapsandirections.com then you were highly suggested to delete Search.hgomapsandirections.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Search.hgomapsandirections.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Search.hgomapsandirections.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Search.hgomapsandirections.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Search.hgomapsandirections.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Search.hgomapsandirections.com manually?
Eliminate Search.hgomapsandirections.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Search.hgomapsandirections.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Search.hgomapsandirections.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Search.hgomapsandirections.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\Search.hgomapsandirections.com.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Search.hgomapsandirections.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Search.hgomapsandirections.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Search.hgomapsandirections.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.