Step by Step Tutorial to Delete Readthe.info
If you are constantly getting redirected to Readthe.info while the browsing session then this means that the browser has been hijacked. This is a browser based scam that triggers pop-ups asking you to subscribe its services. It generally manipulates the victims to subscribe the push-notification so that the cyber-criminals could trigger the commercial ads and pop-ups directly on the computer screen.
The fake error message displayed by Readthe.info goes as:
“Readthe.info wants to Show notifications
Click “Allow” to close this window
This window can be closed by pressing “Allow”. If you wish to continue browsing this website just click the more info button
Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot!”
You should never click on the “Allow” button when you see such messages. Most of its links redirected by its push notification services are related to adult porn websites, Online games, gambling, dating and so on. This kind of services looks lucrative and the cyber-criminals takes advantage to cheat and misguide you.
Some of the Issues Caused by Readthe.info:
- Redirection of webpage to unsafe and suspicious websites
- Unwanted installation of plug-ins and add-ons that spy on users activities
- Leads to data theft and you lose your personal sensitive data
- Exploits the security vulnerabilities and brings other harmful malware in the backdoor
- Alters the important registries and System files hence many of the important applications starts malfunctioning
How Readthe.info Does Gets Inside the PC:
Any kind of browser-hijackers or adware gets inside the marked work-station secretly. They are triggered using tricks such as software bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, unsafe hyperlinks and so on. All these maneuvering intrusion methods are secret and they are executed without any notification or permission. It is recommended to take some basic precautionary measures as mentioned below:
- Always choose advance or custom installation method to download any program or application
- Don’t click on random links and pop-ups during the browsing session
- Upgrade the PC security settings and use a powerful anti-malware tool
Remove Readthe.info using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Readthe.info then you were highly suggested to delete Readthe.info by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Readthe.info. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Readthe.info. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Readthe.info from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Readthe.info using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Readthe.info manually?
Eliminate Readthe.info by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Readthe.info as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Readthe.info entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Readthe.info.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Readthe.info.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Readthe.info and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Readthe.info infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Readthe.info again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.