Steps to Delete Princess Evolution ransomware permanently
This blog is about Princess Evolution ransomware that is a data –encrypting malware and it locks the files and programs installed in the infected PC. It is very important to remove it from the work-station because it will continue encrypting the targeted files and makes them useless. It gets inside the Pc unnoticed and starts the encryption process immediately. The file gets unusual extension on them. Beside every file, a ransom note is dropped which contains instruction to pay the ransom money. The ransom note namely “READ_TO_RESTORE.hmtm”) asks the victim to download Tor browser and visit the Tor webpage of cyber-criminals. The money is asked to be paid in virtual Bitcoin currency so that real identity of cyber-criminal never gets revealed.
On infection, the files and programs associated with Princess Evolution ransomware gets stored in one of the Windows directories such as %Appdata%, %Loical%, %LocalLow%, %Roaming%, %Temp% and so on. It makes a connection with its command and control server to get instructions. It starts sharing and receiving sensitive information such as AES-128 private decryption key, network interface details, username, OS version, security settings and so on. It starts altering the registry editor and adds suspicious registry entries and sub-keys. It ransom note contains threatening message that says:
“Your files have been encrypted. Download and Install Tor Browser. http://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html. Follow the link via Tor Browser. It also executes certain commands whose purpose is to delete the shadow backup copies from the PC. For encryption, it does a depth scanning of the PC in search of the files that it can encrypt. It basically targets files related to multimedia, MS Office docs, PDF files, webpage downloads, xml files and so on. All these targeted files are appended with an unusual extension.
How to Recover Files Encrypted by Princess Evolution ransomware
Follow the instruction mentioned below to remove this devastating data-encrypting malware from your work-station. The removal method is divided in two parts. One is through manual process and other is through using the automatic tool. It you have novice user and don’t have technical skills and knowledge then it is suggested to use an automatic malware tool. Once the malware is removed, you can backup files to restore the data. If backup is not available then try using some data recovery software. Don’t use backup files without removing the malware because the malware will corrupt the backup files as well.
Some Prevention Tips to Avoid Princess Evolution ransomware Attack:
- Don’t download arbitrary unknown files and programs especially from untrusted sources
- Always choose advance/custom installation method
- Be careful from spam email attachments
- Be cautious from bundling and social engineering
Remove Princess Evolution ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Princess Evolution ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Princess Evolution ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Princess Evolution ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Princess Evolution ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Princess Evolution ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Princess Evolution ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Princess Evolution ransomware manually?
Eliminate Princess Evolution ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Princess Evolution ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Princess Evolution ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Princess Evolution ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Princess Evolution ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Princess Evolution ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Princess Evolution ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Princess Evolution ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.