Recover Files Encrypted by .predator File Virus
.predator File Virus is one of most dangerous data and file encrypting malware of recent times. Its file encrypting capabilities are very advance and effective and thus it can lock wide range of files including personal docs, multimedia files, MS Office files, PDF files etc. It is a very troubling and irritating situation to get the work-station infected with such kind of malware infection. It uses highly advanced encryption algorithm to lock the targeted data and thus it becomes totally inaccessible. In the long run, it makes the entire PC useless and you cannot do anything. According to cyber-experts, .predator File Virus also has the capability to lock the Operating System.
More about .predator File Virus (Depth Analysis)
The file encryption done by .predator File Virus is the first phase and this is done very quickly as soon as it successfully settles down, It does a depth scanning of PC hard-disk in search of the files that it can encrypt. One the encryption is done, it changes the encrypted file name and puts a ransom note on every folder that contains the encrypted files. The ransom note is a blackmail message that asks s the victim to pay certain amount of money to get the decryption key to access the locked files. It tries to convince the victim that paying ransom money is the only solution to get decrypted data back. It threatens by putting claims that if the decryption key is not used in particular time, the encrypted file will get corrupted permanently.
What to do on .predator File Virus Infection?
Data and files stored in PC that has been encrypted now could be very useful for you. Any kind of inaccessibility in the personal file gives a sense of panic and emergency. Most of the victims think to pay ransom money but they ultimately fall in another trap. The cyber-criminals don’t give the original decryption key even after paying money. Further, they continue encrypting other programs and files. So, the first focus should be on removing .predator File Virus from the PC so that this malware could not encrypt other files. Once you are sure that your PC is free from malware, you can perform the data recovery process. Frist of all, check for backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies”. If the files are not important then there is no need to recover it back. But, make sure that your PC is not infected with any malware, spyware or ransomware. So, it is advised to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool to get complete protection.
How .predator File Virus enters in the PC:
- By clicking on unsafe links and pop-ups, notification etc.
- Through spam email attachments
- Through peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Through tricks like bundling and social engineering
Remove .predator File Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .predator File Virus then you were highly suggested to delete .predator File Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .predator File Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .predator File Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .predator File Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .predator File Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .predator File Virus manually?
Eliminate .predator File Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .predator File Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .predator File Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .predator File Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .predator File Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .predator File Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .predator File Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .predator File Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.