Don’t Pay Ransom Money Demanded by Polis virus
Polis virus is a crypto-locker ransomware. It displays bogus ransom message on the computer screen claiming that the message is delivered by some governmental organization. It tries to create panic in users through bogus claims like illegal content distribution or promoting child pornography by the users and hence they have to fine in form of ransom fee. They scare the innocent victims by threatening them that they will go to jail if they don’t pay the ransom money within time. Polis virus only locks the computer screen rather than encrypting the files stored in the hard-disk. As soon as the user boots their work-station, they will notice Polis virus ransom note on the display. This scam should be stopped by removing all its related files and applications from the PC.
Polis virus has several of its variants and they have been active from past many years. They are basically targeted European countries and USA. This is not a harmless scam and rather the cyber-criminals behind it, try to cheat personal data of the victims. When you provide the ransom money, you will not get the decryption key in return. Additionally, you may lose your bank credit and debit card information that you used while transactions. They could get access to your personal data and System files and ruin it completely. The PC becomes useless due to the locked screen. So, you must scan the works-station with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programing logics.
Polis virus Spreads through Spam Emails
The ransomware comes in the PC silently and the most popular way is through spam emails. Its script comes as an additional attachment with the emails that are sent by unknown senders. Such emails contain a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in their content. They may look legitimate and safe and pretend it as if it is sent by some governmental organization or trusted company. But if contains spelling or grammatical errors then it is doubtful. The senders will not reply to whatever you have written back to them in respond. So, never open such email attachments. Some other used tricks are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks etc.
How to Remove Polis virus permanently?
The complete uninstallation of Polis virus is possible if all its related files, payloads, scripts, plug-ins etc. are removed. Both manual as well as automatic process has been discussed below. IF you don’t have the confidence or technical skills to execute the manual steps then it is better for you to execute the automatic steps. If you thing that simply closing down the Polis virus Window will fix the problem then you are wrong. Such pop-ups and threat message will keep coming on the screen one after one. The powerful anti-malware tool will provide complete protection from all kind of potentially unwanted program including ransomware.
Remove Polis virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Polis virus then you were highly suggested to delete Polis virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Polis virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Polis virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Polis virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Polis virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Polis virus manually?
Eliminate Polis virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Polis virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Polis virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Polis virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Polis virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Polis virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Polis virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Polis virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.