Movies Toolbar is browser add-ons that has been created by APN LLC and is marketed by Bandoo Media. It provides quick access to movie trailers and thus it promises to enhance the overall Online browsing experience. Its plug-ins and add-ons are compatible with all the popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, IE and so on. The program and its services seem to be legitimate however it is a potentially unwanted program in reality. Movies Toolbar is installed in the browser secretly and does so many unwanted modifications in the browser settings such as its default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so on. Search.ask.com will automatically become the default search-engine and you will not be allowed to replace it.
The related toolbar is a huge threat for the personal data security. It starts tracking the Internet browsing activities and tries to cheats sensitive information such as cookies information, Online browsing pattern and shopping history, data related to bank credit and debit card details and so on. This toolbar comes in the PC along with some other free application such as 7Zip, iLivid Software, King Translate and so on. This kind of installers or bundlers never reveals that they contain any kind of additional attachment with it. Movies Toolbar does add any significant or major value. It is recommended that you should avoid using such potentially unwanted programs. In order to generate revenue, it does so many unwanted modifications in the PC settings. So, you have to be very cautious when you agree to download any kind of free applications. It is advised to choose advance/custom installations steps so that the hidden additional attachments could get detected and could be stopped from getting installed. The other method of malware intrusion is spam email campaigns. Such malicious spam emails looks legitimate as they are presented as if it has been sent by some reputed company. However, this is a just a scam and is a method to cheat the innocent victims.
The Issues Caused by Movies Toolbar is:
- Unwanted modification in the browser settings in order to help third-parties to promote their useless services and products
- The toolbar starts to spy on users activities and leads to data theft
- Expose the security vulnerabilities and brings so many other severe malware infection in the backdoor
- Connects the PC with remote server and allows third-party to access the PC from remote location
Remove Movies Toolbar using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Movies Toolbar then you were highly suggested to delete Movies Toolbar by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Movies Toolbar . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Movies Toolbar . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Movies Toolbar from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Movies Toolbar using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Movies Toolbar manually?
Eliminate Movies Toolbar by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Movies Toolbar as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Movies Toolbar entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Movies Toolbar .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Movies Toolbar .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Movies Toolbar and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Movies Toolbar infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Movies Toolbar again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.