Delete Look Smart Secure Search (Fake Search-Engine Provider)
Look Smart Secure Search is a perilous search tool that promises to provide the relevant and helpful result for user’s queries. However, it totally fails in all its claims and promises. If you are also using this bogus search-engine provides then you must stop using any further. It leads to so many issues and creates hurdles in executing normal browsing activities.
Depth Analysis of Look Smart Secure Search
This nuisance infection can get inside as a browser plug-in. As soon as it gets installed, the default homepage and search-engine provider of the browser gets replaced with my.looksmart.me. This search-engine is very manipulative because it doesn’t shows relevant results for users queries and search keyword. It looks very legitimate in appearance and contains a proper search-bar and shortcut links icon of popular websites. It is a spam because its main aim is to reroute the victim over sponsored commercial websites. This fraudulent search-engine also puts your personal data at risk. It also collects your personal identifiable data secretly.
Likewise, you will be scammed to reveal your personal credentials to cyber-criminals. These data will be shared with sponsored third-parties and affiliates and they misuse it in several ways. Despite the fact that it claims to boost and safeguard your Online browsing experience, this questionable software is not concerned with your security. Its only ultimate aim is to cheat and misguide its users. They try to boost their profit through questionable schemes such as aggressive pay-per-click strategy. Its search result is totally untrusted because it drives you toward affiliate websites for personal financial benefits.
The overall browsing session experience will get very bad due to adverting contents and unwanted webpage redirections. Such ads either redirect the webpage over shady websites or they install harmful software in the backdoor. Hence, it is strongly recommended to remove Look Smart Secure Search as quickly as possible.
Browser-Hijackers Comes With Freeware/Shareware
Perilous infections such as Look Smart Secure Search usually come inside the PC through bundling and additional attachment. The novice users are usually unaware of such distribution method and they easily get trapped. It is strongly recommended to choose the authorized and official contrivers to download any kind of application in the PC. The optional components must be stopped from installing because they are usually potentially unwanted program. Unselect the pre-selected checkmarks during installing. Avoid using quick or default installation recommendation. And most of all, it will be best if you use a powerful anti-malware tool that will protect the work-station in run-time environment.
Both manual as well as automatic process has been elaborated below to remove Look Smart Secure Search. The manual process is a bit risky hence it is better to avoid it especially if you are a novice user. Scan the PC with powerful anti-malware tool and get rid of Look Smart Secure Search instantly.
Remove Look Smart Secure Search using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Look Smart Secure Search then you were highly suggested to delete Look Smart Secure Search by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Look Smart Secure Search. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Look Smart Secure Search. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Look Smart Secure Search from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Look Smart Secure Search using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Look Smart Secure Search manually?
Eliminate Look Smart Secure Search by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Look Smart Secure Search as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Look Smart Secure Search entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Look Smart Secure Search.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Look Smart Secure Search.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Look Smart Secure Search and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Look Smart Secure Search infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Look Smart Secure Search again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.