Linkey leads to Browsing Issues with All Popular Browsers
Linkey is a potentially unwanted program that has been crafted by Aztec Media Inc. It is an adware that disturbs the Online browsing activities of users by creating issues such as webpage redirections, commercial ads, and bogus notifications and so on. The Online tech forum is full of queries where innocent victims are asking about this browser extension and steps to uninstall it. If you are also facing issues related to this malware then continue reading this blog to know more about his infection.
The ads related to Linkey should never be overlooked because it disturbs the browsing session. You will be forced to visit suspicious commercial websites that offers bogus deals and software downloads. Additionally, it tracks the browsing activities and steals confidential information. The DNS settings and default configuration will get modified and PC gets connected with a remote server. The browser control will go in the hand of cyber-criminals. The related add-ons and plug-ins doesn’t allow the victims to restore the previous settings. Rather it downloads additional components in the backdoor so that protects it from getting uninstalled.
Linkey Distributes Through Freeware/Shareware
Cyber-criminals uses aggressive and deceive ways to trick the tricks the innocent users in downloading unsafe programs. In most cases, you will notice its presence in the PC after installing shareware and freeware. So, you must be very careful while downloading third-party application. Our security expert team suggests you to always choose advance/custom installation process whenever you agree to download any application. Avoid downloading downloads managers, video or audio streaming application and so on. Be careful from bundlers and installers because they don’t reveal about the additional attached components. Uncheck the option that allows downloaded application to modify the default search-engine as well as homepage.
Linkey is involved in Data-Thefts
One of the most dangerous attributes of Linkey is to spy on users activities. It uses browser cookies to record the Online activities. Further, suspicious plug-ins and add-ons are used to spy on visited webpage and browser history. It assists third-parties to deliver customized ads and pop-ups and maximum click on pay-per-click ads and pay-per-install programs. It also generates notification for Online survey for winning prizes. This is a scam whose aim is to steal the personal data. They asks you to reveal your IP address, geographical location, bank account details etc. Further, the webpage will constantly get redirected to unreliable affiliate websites. So, you must stop using any services offered by Linkey. Further, don’t interact with any of its related ads and pop-ups. Use a powerful anti-malware with strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove Linkey using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Linkey then you were highly suggested to delete Linkey by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Linkey. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Linkey. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Linkey from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Linkey using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Linkey manually?
Eliminate Linkey by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Linkey as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Linkey entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Linkey.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Linkey and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Linkey infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Linkey again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.