Is your PC got infected with perilous browser-hijacker? Does the default homepage and homepage of your browser have been replaced by Lepnta.com? Are you annoyed by the unnecessary sponsored redirections and bombarding of commercial ads? If yes then you are at the right place to get answers to all your queries. It is recommended to read the blog till the end so that you get complete information and know some easy ways to get rid of this perilous infection.
Depth Analysis of Lepnta.com
Lepnta.com look like a legitimate webpage URL in first glance however it is a severe browser-hijacker in reality. It is a self-replicating infection and its files get distributed in multiple locations of PC hard-disk so that it becomes difficult to remove it. After settling down, it starts to modify the browser settings such as default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so on. So many suspicious plug-ins and add-ons are added in the browser in order to spy on user’s activities Here, the idea to spy on users activities, their Online browsing pattern, shopping details etc. and collected data are shared with affiliate marketers to trigger sponsored ads and pop-ups. The sponsored ads could be in the form of bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts, spam messages and so on. It is very dangerous to interact with them because they could bring other very sever malware infection in the backdoor.
There is nothing positive about Lepnta.com for which it will be recommended to use. It doesn’t provide anything to the overall Online browsing experience. Its offers and features are bogus. Additionally, it may bring other PC malware in the backdoor. So, it is better to stop using it. If it regularly redirects or shows its related pop-ups then scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
How Lepnta.com Attacks the PC:
- Bundling the files and payloads with freeware and shareware
- Peer-to-peer file sharing networks, notification, bogus messages etc.
- Through infected storage devices such as CDs, pen-drives etc.
- Visiting suspicious webpage such as porn etc.
- By exploiting the security vulnerabilities
Remove Lepnta.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Lepnta.com then you were highly suggested to delete Lepnta.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Lepnta.com . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Lepnta.com . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Lepnta.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Lepnta.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Lepnta.com manually?
Eliminate Lepnta.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Lepnta.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Lepnta.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Lepnta.com .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Lepnta.com .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Lepnta.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Lepnta.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Lepnta.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.