Koolova Ransomware is quite an old malware that basically encrypts the files and folders and makes it totally inaccessible. It uses the powerful AES-256 encryption cipher for file encryption. The locked files extension gets changed to “.encrypted” and then you cannot access such files any further. When you try to access them, a ransom note appears on the screen which could be in text or html file. The ransom note contains details about Koolova Ransomware and demands the users pay ransom money to get the decryption key. It contains some email-IDs and Bitcoin Wallet address for payment transfer and to communicate with the cyber-criminals for any kind of negotiation.
More about Koolova Ransomware (Detailed Information)
In many cases, it has been noticed that Koolova Ransomware doesn’t asks for money initially. Like Jigsaw Ransomware, It shows a time machine on its ransom note. Basically, this time machine indicates that how much time the victims have to protect or recover their files. Interestingly, it asks the users to stop downloading suspicious files and programs from Internet. It warns that if users continue downloading unsafe files, user may face serious issues which are caused by other malware. Koolova Ransomware may or may note asks for ransom money but if it asks then you should definitely not pay it. As the general rule, there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after paying the money. In most cases, the only solution or way to recover the encrypted files is to use the backup files that are created before the file encryption. If you notice Koolova Ransomware in your PC then your first intension should be on removing this malware from PC so that it could not damage or encrypt any files or programs.
Koolova Ransomware working mechanism may be different from other malware like Dharma, Osiris, and so on but it also has same motive that is to encrypt the targeted files and programs and make money via ransom. They use file encryption method and generate unique decryption keys. It is recommended that you maintain a proper back up files in some external storage drives such as Pen-drive or DVDs so that you don’t face any data loss in any of such situation.
How Koolova Ransomware Gets inside the PC:
There could be multiple ways and reason for malware attack but it is normally the user’s negligence and carelessness that leads to malware attacks. The common methods of malware intrusion of bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, freeware downloads and so on. So, you have to be careful while downloading any application in the work-station. Read the terms and agreement very carefully. Use advance/custom installation method so that additional unsafe file installation could be avoided.
Remove Koolova Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Koolova Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Koolova Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Koolova Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Koolova Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Koolova Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Koolova Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Koolova Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Koolova Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Koolova Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Koolova Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Koolova Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Koolova Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Koolova Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Koolova Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Koolova Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.