Steps to Delete KeePass Permanently
KeePass is a password management application that which is totally open-source. It is offered free and could be easily downloaded from its official webpage. Since it is a free application, the cyber-criminals are taking advantage by realizing several of its clone versions. These clone versions works like a KeePass Virus because they starts collecting highly sensitive and personal information of users and also starts triggering a lot of commercial ads and pop-ups on the computer display. Thus, the smooth browsing experience starts getting hampered. Hence it is important that KeePass you are using in your work-station should be legitimate and it is not a potentially unwanted program or a malware.
KeePass Virus which is the modified version of KeePass is an adware. It constantly triggers a lot of commercial ads and pop-ups and forces the victims to visit sponsored commercial domains. It manipulates the users through bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. They start showing graphical commercial ads and thus the actual contents get covered with sponsored notifications. Further, if you interact with them then it could download scripts that are actually additional malware infection. The start following user’s activities in order to steal sensitive data such as IP address, visited webpage and Online shopping pattern, used credit and debit card information and so on. Since the original KeePass application is a password management application hence there is always a chance of losing the sensitive password if you use the duplicate version. Such information will be misused and you may face huge financial loss. It is always advised that you must download KeePass application directly from its official website and not from any third-party sources and peer-to-peer file sharing networks.
KeePass Virus which is the duplicate version has only one aim that is to generate money and revenue. They are projected as if they are offering some useful features but the reality is totally opposite. They violate the Online browsing security and compromise with the privacy security. So, you must uninstall such potentially unwanted applications as soon as possible.
How KeePass Get Installed in the PC?
If you download KeePass from its official website then it is totally legitimate. However, its bogus version is primarily downloaded in the targeted PC secretly. It often comes through bundling and as additional hidden attachments with freeware and shareware. So, always choose advance/custom installation steps and follow every download step closely. Stop the download of all the additional attachments which are unknown or that looks suspicious. Don’t try to hurry-up the download/installation steps. Avoid clicking on random links and pop-ups that primarily redirects over gambling, pornography or adult –dating domains. Don’t download suspicious plug-ins and add-ons because they could spy agent and could be a part of severe malware such as KeePass Virus. Update the PC security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove KeePass using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with KeePass then you were highly suggested to delete KeePass by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like KeePass. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove KeePass. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall KeePass from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete KeePass using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of KeePass manually?
Eliminate KeePass by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out KeePass as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove KeePass entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete KeePass.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ KeePass.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent KeePass and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like KeePass infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by KeePass again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.