KCTF Locker ransomware is a high risk data encrypting malware that was supposedly invented for educational purpose. However, there is no educational organization associated to it and it is the cyber-criminals who are doing all sorts of illegal activities through KCTF Locker ransomware. This ransomware is believed to be targeting Japanese speaking users as its ransom note are written in this language. According to researches, it was uploaded from a IP address in East Asia. KCTF Locker ransomware uses XOR encryption method to modify the targeted data. Its random note is termed as “KCTF Locker” and it demands the victims to pay 10 Bitcoins to get the decryption key.
The generated text file contains message saying that that data has been encrypted and users must pay the ransom money without the provided time period. It also provides an email ID for any kind of communication. The keys are stored in the remote server that is controlled by cyber-criminals. So, as per claims, to recover the key and decrypt data, each victim must pay ransom in the Bitcoin Currency. As compared to other virus, the price for decryption is very high and it typically fluctuates between $500 and $1500. The worst part is that the cyber-criminals cannot be trusted. In many case, they don’t provide the original decryption key even after the money is paid. Once the payment is done, the victims are often ignored. So, it is never recommended to pay the ransom no matter how low or high the ransom price is. It is very unfortunate that there is no application capable to crack the KCTF Locker ransomware or free. The victims will have to totally rely on Backup files or “Shadow Volume Copies” to access the encrypted files and data again.
KCTF Locker ransomware is a regular data-encrypting malware and shares many similarities with dozens of other virus such as [KOK8@protonmail.com].KOK8 file virus, CreamPie ransomware and Scarab-Glutton Ransomware and so on. These are only few examples from long list. Through these malware has been architected by different cyber-criminals, but they are all equally dangerous. They are developed to lock the targeted files and demand the users to pay ransom money. Basically, the ransomware type viruses has two major difference that is price of random money and the cryptography cipher used to for encryption.
How KCTF Locker ransomware Attacks the PC:
There are multiple ways through which malware gets inside the targeted PC. They get proliferated through bogus software update, third-party program downloads, spam email campaigns and so on. The fake updater easily exploits the outdated software bugs and flaws or they download malware and spyware rather than the promised software updates. Unofficial download sources such as freeware, shareware, peer-to-peer file sharing networks etc. are unsafe and they always tricks the innocent victims to download severe malware.
How to Recover the File Encrypted by KCTF Locker ransomware?
As mentioned ealier, there is no free that that can crack the encrypted files. If you really want to get the files back, you will have to rely on backup files or “Shadow Volume Copies”. You can also try data recovery software. However before using any of these methods, it is advised to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics. Once the malware is removed, you can begin the data recovery process.
Remove KCTF Locker ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with KCTF Locker ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete KCTF Locker ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like KCTF Locker ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove KCTF Locker ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall KCTF Locker ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete KCTF Locker ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of KCTF Locker ransomware manually?
Eliminate KCTF Locker ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out KCTF Locker ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove KCTF Locker ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete KCTF Locker ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ KCTF Locker ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent KCTF Locker ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like KCTF Locker ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by KCTF Locker ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.