.[janetcurley] Extension Virus is a ransomware that can encrypt different types of files stored in the PC hard-disk. This file encrypting malware usually comes in the PC secretly and starts locking the files and programs using the asymmetric and symmetric encryption cipher. The name of the targeted files is appended with .[janetcurley] Extension. Every time when users try to access the locked files, a ransom note appears on the screen.
From ransom note, it is clear that associated cyber-criminals demands the victims to pay certain money as ransom. This money is asked to be transferred in Bitcoin virtual currency so that identity of the cyber-criminals remains hidden. In the ransom note, it provides the email ID and Bitcoin wallet ID for making transactions. It also provides particular email ID to make communication with the cyber-criminals. In order to win the users confidence, it asks the users to three files that will be decrypted for free. This is a scam to convince you that paying ransom money is the only solution to recover the encrypted files.
How to Recover the Locked Files:
AS per the ransom note, it demands to buy the decryption key and suggest that this is the only solution. However, there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. This happens in most cases that the decryption is not provided and all the communication channels with cyber-criminals get broken. So, it is strongly recommended to use backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies”. If backup files are not available then use powerful data recovery software.
In order to stop .[janetcurley] Extension Virus from encrypting other files and programs, it is recommended to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove .[janetcurley] Extension Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .[janetcurley] Extension Virus then you were highly suggested to delete .[janetcurley] Extension Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .[janetcurley] Extension Virus . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .[janetcurley] Extension Virus . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .[janetcurley] Extension Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .[janetcurley] Extension Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .[janetcurley] Extension Virus manually?
Eliminate .[janetcurley] Extension Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .[janetcurley] Extension Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .[janetcurley] Extension Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .[janetcurley] Extension Virus .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .[janetcurley] Extension Virus .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .[janetcurley] Extension Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .[janetcurley] Extension Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .[janetcurley] Extension Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.