HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen is a perilous crypto-malware that downloads suspicious files and applications in the targeted PC in order to mine crypto-currency. You will notice a high consumption of PC resources and process and thus the overall PC performance gets extremely slow and sluggish. It is very annoying when infections like HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen don’t let you do your normal day-to-day works. It does reflects its initial symptoms such as crashing of important applications, strange process running in the task manager, download and installations of arbitrary files and programs, malfunctioning of browser and other important applications and so on. You should definitely not allow any applications to use your PC resources for mining crypto-currency. This is irritating and ultimately turns out to be dangerous.
Depth Analysis of HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen (More Details)
On the infected PC, when you will examine the Windows Task Manager (Using Ctrl+Alt+Del) shortcut keys and check the running process, you will notice that few particular files are consuming a lot of CPU usage unnecessarily. This consumption could be above 80%. This is a confirmation that such files are a crypto-miner. Moreover, when you try to stop these processes, the PC gets freeze. The CPU temperature gets very high and thus you will face severe issues such as BSOD, errors related to Windows OS malfunctioning and so on.
Due to HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen attack, overall PC performance gets messed up. Everything gets very slow and sluggish. So many duplicate files and folders get created automatically. Any modifications made by users are reverted back as soon as the PC is rebooted. It also messes up the important registry entries and System files. Apart from mining crypto-currency, HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen exposes the security vulnerabilities publically. There is always a risk that other severe malware infections including spyware and ransomware could sneak in the PC secretly.
How HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen Does Gets Inside the PC:
There are various theories regarding the tricks and intrusion methods used by the cyber-criminals to install the malware in the marked PC secretly. Bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments etc. are few of the most popular tricks. All these methods has common motto that is to install the malware secretly. All these deceiving methods never reveals about the hidden attachment. Actually, they hide the extra files as the additional attachments. It is very common bad habits of users that they skip the advance/custom installation process. In order to rush the installation process, they don’t bother about the hidden attachments that could be a severe malware infection like HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen. Follow some basic precautionary measures to protect your PC from malware infections.
- Choose application to download in the PC very carefully. Read their terms and agreement and privacy –policy very carefully. Don’t download any applications whose features are not clear
- Choose advance/custom installation steps to avoid hidden file attachments installation
- Don’t open email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. Open the attachments only after scanning it with a security tool
- Don’t click on random links, pop-ups, hyperlinks, and so on
- Use a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics
Remove HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen then you were highly suggested to delete HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen manually?
Eliminate HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by HEUR:Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Miner.gen again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.