Go Safe Search is a browser-hijacker that gets inside the targeted PC secretly. It adds an extension “Go Safe” in the browser that does all the suspicious and malicious activities for the cyber-criminals. The users often click on its related pop-ups or notifications accidentally and thus harmful scripts get executed in the PC secretly. The targeted victims don’t realize when and how their work-station got infected with such a perilous infection. (The detailed instruction regarding the malware intrusion methods have been mentioned further in the blog). Once it settles down, it starts altering the browser settings and changes the default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so on. There is wide list of doubtful and unwanted activities executed by Go Safe Search.
Depth Analysis of Go Safe Search (Issues, Errors and other Problems)
The first problem causes by Go Safe Search is related to Online browsing. The default homepage of the browser will get change with the official website of Go Safe Search. It looks like a genuine search-engine provider. However, it shows sponsored and customized results for users search queries. It promotes commercial websites in the search result. These commercial webpage has so many pay-per-click ads and pay-per-download programs. The victims are manipulated by bogus offerings such as bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. Every notification shows offers and commodities price at a very low rate. The novice users easily get enticed and click on the related notifications. This is very risky to interact with such pop-ups because they secretly download harmful scripts in the backdoor. This script downloads and installs other severe malware infection.
On Go Safe Search infection, the bowser settings are changed automatically. Suspicious plug-ins, add-ons, extensions as well as key-loggers get added secretly. They follow Online browsing pattern, shopping details, username, password, bank account details, and so on. These sensitive data are shared with third-parties and cyber-criminals as well as affiliate marketers. Your sensitive data going in wrong hand means that you will a huge financial loss. All the unwanted modifications in the PC settings are only executed because browser-hijackers like Go Safe Search could do the perilous activities successfully.
Cyber-criminals have developed PUP like Go Safe Search in order to following benefits:
- Develop a search-engine that looks genuine but it works for promoting sponsored webpage
- Offering a search-engine that could show sponsored webpage in the result
- Could spy on users activities
- Bring other severe malware infection from backdoor
How Go Safe Search Could Get Inside the PC:
- Bundling: The freeware and shareware contains hidden additional attachments with them. Users generally choose basic/default installation steps and thus they don’t see the hidden attachments
- Spam Emails: The cyber-criminals uses email marketing techniques to circulate malware. Such emails usually are presented as if they contain some important attachments such as tax-invoice etc.
- Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Networks: The software downloads from unsafe and untrusted websites such as torrents etc. often leads to malware intrusion
- Obsolete Security Settings: Using an outdated anti-malware tool or firewall protection leads to easy malware intrusion in the PC
Remove Go Safe Search using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Go Safe Search then you were highly suggested to delete Go Safe Search by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Go Safe Search . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Go Safe Search . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Go Safe Search from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Go Safe Search using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Go Safe Search manually?
Eliminate Go Safe Search by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Go Safe Search as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Go Safe Search entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Go Safe Search .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Go Safe Search .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Go Safe Search and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Go Safe Search infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Go Safe Search again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.