Delete .gif virus (Immediate solution Guide)
.gif virus has identified by Cyber security experts recently and they have given idea about this infection as well as the solution given as per System requirements. This latest virus is considers as ransomware that encrypt your all types of files and demand extortion money. This article can help you to remove this virus from your computer. You should read following instruction carefully.
.gif virus is very dangerous file virus
It is one of the nastiest viruses and computer infection that is belongs to ransomware family. It is generally distribute in your computer via email spam messages or unsolicited mails. It encrypts all types of files including images, audios, videos, games, database, documents, text, ppt, pdf, xlx, css, html and other files of your computer and drop ransom notes on your computer screen. It creates multiple copies of this virus itself and spreads in each location of your computer that makes very complex situation. It modifies your desktop wallpaper with ransom images for making believe in your mind that it has been installed on your machine and you ready for further infection.
Once .gif virus locked your System, it will ask you to pay ransom money. It is generally demand $290 ransom money in the form of bitcoin i.e., approximately 0.026 bitcoin for the decryption key. It uses some trustworthy companies LOGO on its ransom note screen. You may see the message on screen like “Hi, your all files has been locked due to security reasons. You need to pay $290 ransom money for the decryption. Otherwise, you can lose your all files permanently” that can makes fear in your mind. If you decide to pay extortion money to them, it is bad idea. They will never decrypt your System at any situations. In order to pay money, it keeps record of your some information that can be shared by unauthorized user. If you have created backup of your files, then it is good for you. Otherwise, you will suffer lots.
Distribution techniques of .gif virus
It is mostly distribute via infected external drives like CD, DVD, USB drives and other. It can uses malicious other tricks including email spam, attachments, suspicious or in-text links, porn or adults related websites, misleading websites, fake software updates, crack software, file sharing network, downloaded movie, music, games and pdf and many other tricks. If System has detected this malware, then you should try to get rid of it. You can delete .gif virus with our easy removal solution.
Remove .gif virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .gif virus then you were highly suggested to delete .gif virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .gif virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .gif virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .gif virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .gif virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .gif virus manually?
Eliminate .gif virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .gif virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .gif virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .gif virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.gif virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .gif virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .gif virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .gif virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.