.[firstname.lastname@example.org].java virus is a data-encrypting ransomware developed under “Hidden Tear Program”. It encrypts the targeted files and makes it totally inaccessible. This is a deceptive infection and does all its nasty activities very silently. The files are locked in order to extort ransom money in exchange of the decryption key. Its intrusion is very silent. After settling down, it immediately does a depth scanning of the PC hard-disk in search of the files and programs that it can encrypt. .[email@example.com].java virus targets the commonly used files and programs such as files related to MS Office, Multimedia files, files stored on the desktops and so on. It appends a particular suffix on every encrypted file. When user tries to access it, a ransom note appears on screen that asks the victims to pay ransom money in order to get the decryption key. Actually, the ransom note tries to convince the victim that files has been locked and it could not be access without decryption key.
The encryption methodology used by .[firstname.lastname@example.org].java virus is based on the combination of asymmetric and symmetric cipher algorithm. The files could be encrypted publically but every locked file has different decryption key. It order to win the trust of victims, it ask to provide a single file that will be unlocked for free. However, this is just a manipulation. According to cyber-criminals, it is not a good option to pay the ransom money. The victim gets cheated in maximum cases. The original decryption key is not provided to victim even after they pay the ransom money. The cyber-criminals totally ignore the users queries and avoids al the communication link. Further, .[email@example.com].java virus continues encrypting other programs and files. So, it is basically wastage of time and money to pay anything to cyber-criminals. If you really want to recover your files and data then you must use alternate tricks such as using backup copies or “Shadow Volume Copies”. You may also try data recovery software. However, before beginning the data recovery process, remove all the payloads and files of .[firstname.lastname@example.org].java virus. Otherwise, the infection will not allow you to access the backup files and will continue damaging other files and programs.
How .[email@example.com].java virus Attack the PC:
- By attaching its files with other legitimate programs basically freeware/shareware
- Using social engineering such as hiding its payloads under notification and hyperlinks
- Through spam email campaigns
- Through unsafe peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
Remove Maps and Directions using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Maps and Directions then you were highly suggested to delete Maps and Directions by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Maps and Directions. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Maps and Directions. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Maps and Directions from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Maps and Directions using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Maps and Directions manually?
Eliminate Maps and Directions by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Maps and Directions as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Maps and Directions entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Maps and Directions.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Maps and Directions.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Maps and Directions and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Maps and Directions infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Maps and Directions again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.