Delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware and Access Files
If your personal files and documents have been encrypted by GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware then you are at the right place to get the solution. This ransomware is very persistent and may reappear if all its associated scripts, payloads and files are not removed from the work-station. It is recommended to read the blog till the end to get complete removal soluation and some easy ways to retrieve the locked or corrupted files.
About GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware
As the name suggest, this malware is the new iteration and latest version of GandCrab ransomware. Like a classic ransowmare, it encrypts the targeted files and forces the victims for paying ransom money in order to get the decryption key. It claims that the provided key will decode the locked files and makes it accessible again. In order to get persistent, it modifies the OS settings, important configuration as well as boot option. So, in this course, it renders many manual user removal guides as non-working.
In order to bypass the PC security, it searches for the security software and services and tries to disable them. Further, it starts harvesting personal information as well as machine identification. So, it gets access to data such as name, address, email ID, phone number, and other sensitive credentials. Further, it searches the local drives, memory and other sources of data. Thus, it starts the encryption of files and folders primarily those associated with MS Office, multimedia files, and PDF files and so on. It encrypts data such as videos, images, music, backups, archives, databases and so on.
Based on the collected information and machine identification, unique ID is provided to each victim. The data like installed hardware parts, OS condition, user settings etc. are collected. Based on this data, the cyber-criminals decide the ransom amount that is sent through a ransom note. The copy of this random note is stored in multiple locations especially in the folder that contain encrypted files.
How GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware gets distributed:
GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware is distributed through multiple tactics primarily via exploit kits promoted by spam email campaigns. When the attached file is opened, the associated perilous scripts get downloaded. Further the codes that lead to GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware infection can be in suspicious links, pop-ups, images, peer-to-peer files sharing networks and so on. The cyber-criminals has developed special webpages that vender download webpage or webportal that could be accessed by the users and they infect their PC with GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware infection.
How to Recover Encrypted files:
The recovery of locked files is only possible after GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware is removed from the PC. So, first of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics. Now, you can use data recovery process such as using back up files, “Shadow Volume Copies” or use any powerful data recovery software if backup files are not available.
Remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus then you were highly suggested to delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus manually?
Eliminate GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by GandCrab V5.1.0 ransomware virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.