How to get rid of GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) (Recommended Solution Guide)
GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) is very notorious file virus that is considered as ransomware. It has been identified by security experts since January 2018 and they have given an appropriate solution as per system requirements. According to them, this nasty program can attack your all version of Windows PC especially 64-bit OS based computer. It locks all types of files including images, audios, videos, games, documents, text, ppt, xlx, css, pdf, html and files of your System immediately and demand ransom money. This nasty treats is causes by malware programmer who are creating such virus on daily basis. Its main motive is to earn unethical online profit and fool the innocent user. It is important to delete this file virus from your System quickly.
GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) crashes your System
It creates multiple copies of this virus itself and drop in each folder of your hard drives. It is not easy task to delete this malware one by one by manually. You need to scan your computer with very strong antivirus software which reduces all the junk files or virus from your computer. Once it installed, you will suffer lots. It modifies your all the genuine exe files and other personal files of your hard drive with .crab extension and drop ransom notes on your computer screen. You can’t understand that what to do this situations. It can display some fake tech-support service popup messages on your screen that claims to decrypt your System, once you pay extortion money to them. It is generally demand 1.54 Dashcoin or $1126 ransom money for decryption key. Once you pay money to them, it will never refund at any cases. They will never decrypt your files at any situations. It can collect your crucial data such as password, user name, age, IP address, cookies, banking information, credit card number and other information. They can share your information on illegal hand or hacker that causes serious problem. You should avoid such bogus alter messages.
Malware program can from malicious sources in your Windows computer
GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) can come in your System without any notice. It infects your entire System deeply. It steals your crucial data as well as traces your online habit. This dubious program is mostly get install in your computer through various sources from online including fake software, crack software, free software, file sharing network, social sites, misleading websites, porn or torrent websites, email spam messages, attachments, malicious ads or popup, malicious hyperlinks and many other sources. It can come from infected external media drives like CD, DVD, Flash drives, SD cards and other. You should be careful while using internet and click on such ads or popup or links after double reading. You can choose our recommended methods to remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) from your computer.
Remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) then you were highly suggested to delete GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt). However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt). As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) manually?
Eliminate GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt).
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt).exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.