Delete GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware and Recover Encrypted files
If your personal files stored in the PC hard-disk has got encrypted then there no need to get panic. It is advised to read this blog till the end to get the detailed information and some easy tips to get rid of this malware infection.
GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware is the new variant of GandCrab malware and has a different ransom note message as compared with other conventional GandCrab message. Its aim is to encrypt the targeted files and leaves a ransom note and changes the extension of encrypted files with the suffix “DECRYPT.TXT”. It tries to convince the victim to pay the ransom amount within the provided amount of time. GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware uses the combination of AES and RSA encryption cipher to lock the targeted files. The infected files becomes totally inaccessible and it shows ransom note every time when you try to access the files.
Like the other GandCrab ransomware version, this malware also cheats the innocent victims. The original decryption key is not provided even after the complete money is provided to cyber-criminals. If you pay ransom money then that will be the wastage of time as well as money.
To recover the files encrypted by GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware, you have to rely on back up files or use powerful data recovery software. It is very difficult to recover the files from “Volume Shadow Copies” because this malware deletes it as well. However, before executing the data recovery process, it is advised to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and remove all the scripts and files associated with GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware.
How GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware does gets distributed:
Remove GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware manually?
Eliminate GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by GandCrab 5.0.7 ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.