Delete Directions.cm with Easy Tutorial
Has the default homepage and new-tab UIRL has been changed to Directions.cm? Are you getting irritated and the Online browsing experience is getting disturbed due to Directions.cm webpage redirection. The situation is worrisome because your browser has been hijacked. It installs a suspicious extension in your Chrome browser which you cannot uninstall on your own. The default settings of the browser get modified completely. The access to several legitimate websites is blocked permanently. Some of the Issues caused by Directions.cm redirection are as follow:
- Regularly redirects webpage over a chrome extension link namely //bkcjncmijlkmlignahmdgbjldkmfiikg/newtab/blank.html
- The new-tab URL gets changed with a modified URL
- Adds extension and plug-ins that are not safe as it spy on users activities
- It can expose the security vulnerabilities and opens backdoor for other severe malware to get secret entry
The homepage of Directions.cm is like a search-engine provider and it claims that it is powered by “Yahoo”. This confirms that it doesn’t have its own server for showing the results of user’s queries. It takes the result from “Yahoo” and customizes it by adding several sponsored website links in it. When users visit such questionable domains through promoted links on Directions.cm, the associated owners gets commission and funds. It doesn’t provide any real value to your browsing experience and rather it brings chaos for users. When users try to uninstall its extension or plug-ins then error messages occurs on the screen. According to cyber experts, it follows browsing activities of users in order to customize the ads and sponsored links. Thus it can easily lead to identity theft and financial loss to victims. Hence it is strongly advised to remove Directions.cm as quickly as possible. Both manual as well as automatic process has been demonstrated below.
How Directions.cm Gets Inside the PC?
There is not a particular way or single defined reasons for malware attack. It could get through bundling attachments with freeware and shareware, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, perilous hyperlinks and so on. Hence, it is very important to be careful while doing anything on the PC especially when it is connected with Internet. Don’t download arbitrary files and programs especially from untrusted sources. Avoid clicking on sponsored links and ads pop-ups. Be careful from the emails that are sent by unknown senders. Don’t open the attachments without scanning it with a powerful anti-malware tool. Improve the security settings to that you can get complete protection all the time.
Remove Directions.cm using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Directions.cm then you were highly suggested to delete Directions.cm by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Directions.cm. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Directions.cm. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Directions.cm from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Directions.cm using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Directions.cm manually?
Eliminate Directions.cm by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Directions.cm as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Directions.cm entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Directions.cm.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Directions.cm.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Directions.cm and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Directions.cm infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Directions.cm again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.