How to Fix Ads Generated by Desktop Weather Alerts
Recently, many of the users are disturbed by the Desktop Weather Alerts which is showing commercial ads that gets redirected over unsafe websites. For you information, I would like to inform you that Desktop Weather Alerts is a freeware that shows whether forecast and informs its users about the real-time air conditions and change in the weather in particular geographical region. Until now, there have been no reports about its suspicious activities but it seems that cyber-criminals are using its name to circulate their malware. Once the related app or payloads of Desktop Weather Alerts gets installed, it starts disturbing the overall Online browsing experience regularly by showing unsafe ads and redirecting webpage over unsafe websites. It starts showing pop-ups related to weather forecast and then suddenly intrusive commercial ads starts covering the entire screen. These pop ups contains hyperlinks which redirects over specific websites. The idea is to bring maximum traffic over such sponsored websites and increase its product sales.
The biggest problem with Desktop Weather Alerts is that these programs generally doesn’t checks what kind of products and services they are promoting through it ads and pop ups. It doesn’t take responsibilities regarding the legitimateness of the promoted ads. It also adds so many suspicious add-ons and plug-ins in the browser which risk the security of personal data. Actually, they constantly follow the Online activities and browsing habits of users and thus is can easily access over confidential information such as username, password, bank account details and so on. So, it safe to uninstall Desktop Weather Alerts and rather looks for more reliable and helpful application that provides more additional features and is free for ads and commercial pop ups.
Remember that Desktop Weather Alerts has the capability to track your information and you would definitely don’t like to share your personal data with anybody. It might install cookies and key-loggers which are huge threat for data security. Your sensitive information could be revealed or sold to third-parties and you may face huge financial loss. If shared with shady business and advertising networks, the mess will get extremely severe.
Desktop Weather Alerts often comes bundled with freeware, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, email attachments and so on. All these sharing modes are totally illegal because the victim is totally unaware of this additional attachment. You should always choose advance/custom installation process so that you can deselect the additional unsafe attachments.
Remove Desktop Weather Alerts using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Desktop Weather Alerts: Online as well as Offline impacts
Online errors faced can by Users due to this threat:
- It will change your browser’s default search engine along with homepage and new tab page.
- From the beginning to last of surfing, you will constantly end up redirected to same malicious domain (especially to websites with 404 error page).
- You are blocked from accessing the security related domains.
- While surfing session you were forces to face numbers of pop-up ads and junk notifications.
- Due to unauthorized modifications by Desktop Weather Alerts, your Computer’s Internet Speed does sluggish.
- You will also eventually get blue screen error (BSOD error) which freezes your entire browser’s process.
- You won’t be able to log out your own personal account due to modification in domain’s java scripts.
- Some strange toolbars and browser extension were automatically installed which increase browsing loading time.
- It will cause your browser freezing which can crashes eventually.
- In will runs click fraud and phishing functions online in order to increase Internet traffic of particular domain and illegally earn some revenue.
- Your mails, social messages were not able to send. It will bounce back right after sending to particular recipient.
Offline errors associated to Desktop Weather Alerts have been found by experts:
- Some strange Icons were automatically installed inside your Computer’s taskbar, System tray as well as Desktop.
- You can find out some unwanted programs installed inside the PC named inside the Control Panel’s program list.
- You can notice unusual amount of file’s name were attached to favourites which even you don’t know.
- Strange problems were keeps happening while User’s work (performance issues, program gets crashes, etc.)
- PC’s performance got decreased since this vermin installed.
- Even you will not doing any particular work on PC, the RAM as well as CPU resources usage got higher than expect.
- Drives files were modified automatically or they were automatically moved to another drive volume.
- Malicious files replicate with legitimate and automatically delete from PC.
- As after starting the System the PC display got flips upside down or inverted.
- Automatic printing of documents and changing of desktop wallpaper.
- Not opening up task manager or taskbar disappearance.
- PC will take long time of booting and sometime it will restart automatically.
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Desktop Weather Alerts then you were highly suggested to delete Desktop Weather Alerts by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Desktop Weather Alerts. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Desktop Weather Alerts. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Desktop Weather Alerts from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Desktop Weather Alerts using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Desktop Weather Alerts manually?
Eliminate Desktop Weather Alerts by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Desktop Weather Alerts as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Desktop Weather Alerts entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Desktop Weather Alerts.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Desktop Weather Alerts.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Desktop Weather Alerts and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Desktop Weather Alerts infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Desktop Weather Alerts again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.