Like suspicious sponsored websites, Com-1a.info is a domain created by cyber-criminals to redirect users over predefined commercial websites which are unsafe and untrustworthy. The targeted users mostly visit this suspicious website unintentionally. They get rerouted by potentially unwanted program that are already installed in the PC and they are also installed unwillingly. The PUA causes webpage redirections as well as they constantly trigger commercial intrusive advertisements and pop-ups. They collect personal information of users and share them with third-parties.
After infection, whenever user opens any new-tab URL or new windows or tabs then the webpage gets rerouted to Com-1a.info. Additional redirections also occurs and it likely that one of the redirected website contains malware and ransomware. So, there is high risk of additional computer infection. It uses tools for dropping third-party graphical ads and notifications on any website. These ads are very attractive and they are presented as deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. The redirection over untrusted and potential malware prone websites is very risky. They secretly download suspicious scripts in the browser in order to download unwanted applications such as add-ons, plug-ins, and additional malware payloads. They constantly tracks user’s activities and may steal highly sensitive information such as search queries, IP address, keystrokes, and credit and debit card details and so on. This kind of activities leads to privacy issues and identity theft. Com-1a.info downloads so many arbitrary files and runs background process and tasks regularly. This slows down the overall PC performance including Online as well as Offline activities. Hence it is advised that PUP and browser-hijackers like Com-1a.info should be removed as early as possible.
There are many webpage redirect virus like this one and most of them are identical and have similar perilous features and behavior. They try to manipulate the victims with offers and tools but all there offers and functionalities are spam. There only purpose is to generate revenue for its creator. They don’t provide any real value to users and rather choose illegal tricks and ways to cheat the victims.
How Com-1a.info Does Attacks the PC:
This is a major question and if you have little knowledge about the intrusion methods then you can possibly protect your PC for such attacks in future. Most of the PUPs have their official domains where user can download their related plug-ins, scripts, add-ons, payloads etc. willingly or unknowingly. However, cyber-criminals also use deceptive methods such as bundling and social engineering for malware invasion. There scripts come as an additional attachment with freeware and shareware or any untrusted downloads. The information about the additional attachment is not revealed in the default/basic installation. So, as a precautionary measure, it is advised to always choose advance/custom installation process. Never choose sources like torrents or third-party software download sources. Deselect/opt any additional files or tools. Don’t click on random ads and pop-ups. They may look legitimate because cyber-criminals has spent huge amount of money in its designing and appearance. Avoid visiting questionable domains that offers gambling, adult dating, and pornography and so on. Disable all the suspicious plug-ins and add-ons from the browser. It is recommended to scan your work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the suspicious entries and files automatically get removed. However, the manual process is also mentioned below but they are primarily for cyber-experts.
Remove Com-1a.info Hijack using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Com-1a.info Hijack then you were highly suggested to delete Com-1a.info Hijack by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Com-1a.info Hijack. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Com-1a.info Hijack. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Com-1a.info Hijack from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Com-1a.info Hijack using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Com-1a.info Hijack manually?
Eliminate Com-1a.info Hijack by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Com-1a.info Hijack as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Com-1a.info Hijack entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Com-1a.info Hijack.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Com-1a.info Hijack.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Com-1a.info Hijack and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Com-1a.info Hijack infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Com-1a.info Hijack again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.