CoinCube Miner is a crypto-mining infection that secretly gets added targeted websites starts using System process and resources to mine crypto-currencies. Our researches show that cyber-criminals themselves develop doubtful websites and inject crypto-mining scripts in them. These doubtful websites are aggressively promoted using social engineering tricks. After settling down, CoinCube Miner opens the Google Chrome browsing window and starts redirecting victims over predefined perilous website. The browser will open secretly in the background and hence user will not even notice it. However, its process could be noticed in the Windows Tasks Manager. Now the malicious website is opened in the backdoor and it will start executing CoinCube Miner scripts in order to mine crypto-currency. Due this data-mining, almost 100% of CPU gets used up and thus the System becomes totally useless.
Due to CoinCube Miner infection, the victims may face severe data loss situation as well. The high CPU usage leads to high temperature of PC and thus it becomes unstable. As the result, the PC automatically starts to reboot at regular interval and this leads to permanent data loss. There is nothing that users will get benefit. Every penny mined directly goes in the cyber-criminals account. The novice users don’t realize that their PC is working abnormally or slow due to malware infection. The cyber-criminals misuse the crypto-mining scripts services to gain money and get financial benefits. Additionally, they also gather sensitive data of users including the Online browsing habits, bank account details, debit and credit card information and so on. Hence there is a direct threat for your data security and leads to identity theft.
How CoinCube Miner Attacks the PC:
The intrusion of this crypto-mining infection is very secret. It is spread through bundling and social-engineering tricks. It is stealthily downloaded along with the main program which you want to download. So, it is always recommended to choose advance/custom installation steps while downloading any kind of program. Be careful from spam email campaigns as well. Don’t open email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. Don’t click on random hyperlinks or pop-ups. Be careful and read the terms and agreement carefully before you agree to download any kind of program in the work-station.
Remove CoinCube Miner using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with CoinCube Miner then you were highly suggested to delete CoinCube Miner by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like CoinCube Miner. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove CoinCube Miner. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall CoinCube Miner from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete CoinCube Miner using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of CoinCube Miner manually?
Eliminate CoinCube Miner by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out CoinCube Miner as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove CoinCube Miner entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete CoinCube Miner.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\CoinCube Miner.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\CoinCube Miner.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent CoinCube Miner and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like CoinCube Miner infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by CoinCube Miner again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.