While browsing Internet, if the webpage continuously redirects over Browser.addon.host or you notice its related pop-ups regularly then you browser is infected with an adware. It will disturb the overall Online browsing experience so you must fix the problem as quickly as possible. Continue reading this technical blog to get details and possible removal methods.
More Details on Browser.addon.host (Depth Analysis)
As long as the related adware is present in the PC, users will be forced to visit Browser.addon.host. It redirects the webpage over particular unsafe website that contains malicious contents and is full of commercial ads, pop-ups, bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. In case if you interact with offers, it will download some severe spyware or ransomware in the backdoor. Additionally, the webpage will get redirected to porn domains, Online dating, gambling and so on. Sometime, the webpage gets redirected to domains that offers bogus technical assistance and asks the users to make a call on particular toll-free number to get assistance. In case if users make the call, he/she will be misguided to reveal the personal sensitive information such as username, password, bank account details, IP address, geographical location and so on. The victims will be misguided to download unsafe browser utilities, fake PC optimization tools and other risky products.
In most case, Browser.addon.host attacks Windows based PC and often comes bundled with other applications primarily freeware and shareware. The related installers or downloaders never reveals about the hidden additional attachment. So, it is very important that you choose advance/custom installation steps and read the terms and agreement as well as privacy-policy very carefully. Don’t download any applications or browser add-ons whose features are not clear. Nay downloader and installers those are free doesn’t reveal that they are containing any attachment and ultimately the user will notice to install adware or other severe infection without their notice.
Some of the Issues that is Caused by Browser.addon.host are as follow:
- Regular bombarding of commercial ads and pop-ups
- Redirection of webpage over domains that are sponsored, offers pay-per-click ads and shows all kinds of manipulative notifications
- The legitimate webpage starts showing altered contents
- Notification for fake software updates, technical assistance services and so on
- Installation of other severe malware infection in the backdoor
- Use of plug-ins and key-loggers to record users activities and leads to privacy issues and identity theft
- Disabling of security and anti-malware tools
Remove Browser.addon.host using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Browser.addon.host then you were highly suggested to delete Browser.addon.host by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Browser.addon.host . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Browser.addon.host . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Browser.addon.host from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Browser.addon.host using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Browser.addon.host manually?
Eliminate Browser.addon.host by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Browser.addon.host as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Browser.addon.host entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Browser.addon.host .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Browser.addon.host .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Browser.addon.host and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Browser.addon.host infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Browser.addon.host again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.