Better History Extension is a part of an adware that mess up the overall Online browsing experience and compromises with the personal data security. It may not directly damage the System files or registry entries but it does irritate the victims by constantly bombarding sponsored commercial ads and pop-ups. It does a lot of malignant activities in the background and the major one is change the default settings of browser and adding plug-ins that spy on user activities. It uses highly deceit technique for its secret intrusion and suspicious activities. Better History Extension delivers sponsored products and services all over the screen especially during Online browsing. It continuously delivers annoying deals, coupons, banners, pop-ups and so on. It is very dangerous to interact with them because it plays tricks and misguidance techniques to cheat the sensitive and personal data.
Better History Extension is directly responsible for all the Online browsing related issues that you are facing. Very quickly, it connects the PC with a remote server and allows third-parties to access the work-station from remote location. You will notice a lot of customized ads and pop-ups that are very devastating and irritating. All its attractive claims and offers are totally useless and manipulative. So, it is strongly recommended to uninstall Better History Extension as it is dangerous and is a threat for personal data security.
How Does Better History Extension Gets Installed (Precautionary Measures)
In most cases, the targeted victims get manipulated with its offers and presentation and agree to download it in their work-station. However, cyber-criminals also use deceiving technique to intrude the payloads secretly. Some of the popular methods are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, hyperlinks and notifications and so on. It is strongly recommended to be very careful while browsing Online. Don’t click on ransom hyperlinks and be very careful while downloading anything in the work-station. Choose advance/custom installation steps so that the hidden additional attachment could get detected and it could be uninstalled. Don’t panic and update the security firewall settings. Use the powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics and get complete protection from malware in runtime.
Remove Better History Extension using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Better History Extension then you were highly suggested to delete Better History Extension by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Better History Extension. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Better History Extension. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Better History Extension from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Better History Extension using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Better History Extension manually?
Eliminate Better History Extension by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Better History Extension as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Better History Extension entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Better History Extension.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Better History Extension.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\Better History Extension.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Better History Extension and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Better History Extension infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Better History Extension again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.