How to get rid of Backdoor.Athena (Immediate Uninstall)
Backdoor.Athena is very nasty malware that is categorized as Trojan horse virus. It is self executable program that can open the backdoor of your computer and calls the malicious hacker to do several harmful attacks on your machine. It corrupts all files of your hard drives and makes your System very complex. To get rid of this malware, you should read the instruction given below and follows the recommended steps to delete this dubious virus from your System.
Backdoor.Athena is harmful Trojan horse virus
It targets your PCs with permission and does some unnecessary changes in the setting in your computer. It disables your some genuine application running in your PCs such as control panel, registry editor, Firewall setting, antivirus software and other that cause serious problem. It is able to infect/corrupt your all types of files that includes images, audios, videos, games, documents, text, ppt, pdf, xlx, css, html and other files of your hard disk and drop an error message on your computer screen while you try to open it again. It is not easy task to detect in your computer. It can hide inside your PCs and spread notorious program in your computer. It is mostly get enters into your machine through infected external media drives like CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and other. You need to scan your computer with strong antimalware program that will reduce all the junk files or virus from your System.
Backdoor.Athena has identified by Cyber security experts and they have given an appropriate solution as per System requirements. According to them, this nasty program can infect your entire PCs deeply. You can’t use your System as usual like before. It is very dangerous for your online privacy & safety. It can keep the record of your crucial information that includes IP & MAC address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, geographical location, cookies, financial data and more information as well. It can transfer your all curial and confidential data to hacker or unauthorized user that can be misuse by them. It is important to remove it from your computer otherwise, you will suffer lots.
How Backdoor.Athena distributes in your machine?
- Downloaded media files: If you are downloaded movie, games, music, pdf, video and other media files from internet, then you might get harmful virus in your computer as bundles of it.
- Freeware or shareware program: It can come from bundles of free software packages which you downloaded from online.
- Fake software updates or crack software: If you are using pirated software in your computer, then it might possible that you get lots of junk files or virus in your computer.
- Infected external media: It can come from various media drives which you plug-in in your computer for storing some files or other purpose.
Remove Backdoor.Athena using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Backdoor.Athena then you were highly suggested to delete Backdoor.Athena by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Backdoor.Athena. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Backdoor.Athena. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Backdoor.Athena from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Backdoor.Athena using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Backdoor.Athena manually?
Eliminate Backdoor.Athena by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Backdoor.Athena as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Backdoor.Athena entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Backdoor.Athena.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Backdoor.Athena and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Backdoor.Athena infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Backdoor.Athena again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.