AdWare.Win32.Wajam is a malware and to be precise, it is an adware that bombards commercial pop-ups and ads on every webpage those users’ visits. It has so many questionable behaviors and is dangerous for the performance of popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, IE and so on. It secretly modifies the browser settings such as the default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so on. On every visited webpage, you will notice commercial ads in the form of bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. AdWare.Win32.Wajam messes up the Offline functionalities as well by altering the System files, creating new arbitrary folders, running arbitrary processes, downloading new perilous payloads and so on. All these changes and dropping of suspicious files are secretly executed in the backdoor.
How AdWare.Win32.Wajam Does Gets Inside the PC?
Normally, the adware doesn’t give any hints or take any kind of official permission hence the victim will not realize how and when their PC got infected. Its payload could be dropped inside your PC while you are surfing or downloading any program from Internet. It does use the tricks like bundling and social engineering to deceive its attack. The freeware and shareware that are downloaded from unofficial sources often contains hidden attachments with them. These additional files are malware payloads. Hence it is very important to be careful while you download any kind of program in the PC. Make sure that the application download manager doesn’t have any kind of additional attachments with it. So, it is recommended to choose advance/custom installation steps instead of default/basic process. This way, you will be able to detect all the additional attachments and stop it from getting installed.
Cyber-criminals often sponsors spam email campaigns for circulating malware. The email attachments are presented as if it is some kind of bills, receipt, important documents, tax papers or some organizational message. As soon as the email attachment is opened, harmful payloads immediately get downloaded. So, avoid opening all the suspicious email attachments especially those contains a lot of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. Don’t click on random hyperlinks or visit free adult or phishing websites.
Some of the Chaos Caused by AdWare.Win32.Wajam is:
- Constantly promotes sponsored ads and pop-ups
- Adds plug-ins and key-loggers in the browser that spy on users activities
- Alters the important registries and System files
- Manipulate to download suspicious questionable files
- Offers bogus technical support and assistance and leads to data theft
Remove AdWare.Win32.Wajam using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with AdWare.Win32.Wajam then you were highly suggested to delete AdWare.Win32.Wajam by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like AdWare.Win32.Wajam. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove AdWare.Win32.Wajam. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall AdWare.Win32.Wajam from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete AdWare.Win32.Wajam using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of AdWare.Win32.Wajam manually?
Eliminate AdWare.Win32.Wajam by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out AdWare.Win32.Wajam as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove AdWare.Win32.Wajam entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete AdWare.Win32.Wajam.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\AdWare.Win32.Wajam.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent AdWare.Win32.Wajam and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like AdWare.Win32.Wajam infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by AdWare.Win32.Wajam again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.