1mtrack.com is a very popular browser-hijacker that has infected thousands of PC browser in a very less time. On infection, you would notice some unwanted changes in the browser settings including the replacement of default homepage, search-engine provider as well as new-tab URL. These modifications mess up the overall Online browsing experience. If you are also facing similar issues then first of all, you should not panic. You are at the right place where you will get all the technical details as well as removal process of this malware.
1mtrack.com is a browser-hijacker that modifies the browser settings so that the associated cyber-criminals could easily take control over the browser. The webpage regularly gets redirected to perilous commercial websites where affiliate marketers promote their useless products. The victims are manipulated with bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons etc. which appears to be very lucrative but it is totally a spam. If you interact with such ads then you will most likely infect your PC with additional malware infection. Our analysis shows that browser-hijackers exploits the security vulnerabilities and expose the loopholes publically so that other malware could easily make their entry in the PC. The plug-ins and add-ons that are promoted as if their features are very helpful is not that great as promoted. They could be spying agents whose task is to follow the user’s activities and sensitive non-identifiable information.
By first appearance, 1mtrack.com looks like a genuine search-engine provider but it definitely doesn’t works like a clean search-engine. It promotes manipulative and sponsored result for user’s queries which includes commercial domains. They are shown in the search-result because its host pays fund and commission to this bogus search-engine developer. In its terms and agreement page, it clearly says that it doesn’t have any control over the websites promoted on its search-queries result.
How 1mtrack.com Attacks the PC?
The intrusion or silent attack of browser-hijacker can be executed in multiple ways such as bundling, spam email attachments, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, and notification containing hyperlinks and so on. If you show any kind of negligence or carelessness while using Internet then you could become an easy victim of this malware. Don’t download random arbitrary files and programs. Always choose advance/custom installation process. Don’t skip the step to uncheck the preselected programs. Don’t open the email attachments without scanning it. So, for complete protection, use a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove 1mtrack.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with 1mtrack.com then you were highly suggested to delete 1mtrack.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like 1mtrack.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove 1mtrack.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall 1mtrack.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete 1mtrack.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of 1mtrack.com manually?
Eliminate 1mtrack.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out 1mtrack.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove 1mtrack.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete 1mtrack.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent 1mtrack.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like 1mtrack.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by 1mtrack.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.