How to remove .Cerber3 file extension virus (Updated Process)
.Cerber3 file extension virus is another variant for Cerber Data-Encrypting malware which is active in cyber-world from a very long time. Its symptoms are easy to recognize. It will encrypt your personal files and appends “cerber3” extension on it. Apart from adding the unique extension name, it also changes the file name by adding random file names of 10 digit characters. To be precise, if the file name is .Cerber3 file extension virus.jpg then on its encryption, its name will get change to MYs-5jmnj_J.cerber3. The desktop wallpaper will get replaced with ransom note. Three different suspicious files gets created on the desktop namely “# HELP DECRYPT #.html”, “# HELP DECRYPT #.txt”, and “# HELP DECRYPT #.url”. The .html and .txt files contain ransom note that opens on browser webpage and MS word respectively. The other file that has .url extension redirects the victims over a payment website where the ransom money is to be paid. As per its claim, the recovery of file is only possible after paying the ransom money.
What does Ransom Note of .Cerber3 file extension Says:
The ransom note contains a logo and a short note that says that file has been locked. It asks the victims to pay ransom money of 0.7154 Bitcoin which is equivalent to 500 US dollars. In order to threat user and create panic, it asks to pay money within certain period otherwise the ransom money will be get doubled. In order to win the trust of victims, it encrypts one of the locked for free. You will be forwarded to .Cerber3 website and asked to give one encrypted file that you want to unlock as a demo. Its website uses Tor Network and asks to pay money in Bitcoin so that the identity of cyber-criminal remains unidentified. While locking the targeted files, it generates public encryption and private decryption. This simply means that every encrypted file has different decryption code. .Cerber3 file extension is applied using asymmetric cryptography. The cyber-offenders use a separate server for storing private key. Unfortunately, there claim that the files cannot be decrypted without private key is correct. They can only recovered back only with the help of original decryption key or if you have the “backup file” or “volume shadow copies”
How to Recover Encrypted files?
As per the claims by .Cerber3 file extension ransom note, you will get the decryption key after paying the ransom money. However this is false in most cases. You will not get the original decryption key even after the money is paid. You will feel cheated because there is no way to find the associated cyber-offenders after the money is paid. So, instead of paying ransom money, it is recommended to try alternate tricks such as using “Backup files”, or “Volume Shadow Copies”. However, before applying these ways, it is important that all the related files and payloads of this malware get removed. So, first scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool.
The ransomware type infections including .Cerber3 file extension often circulated using deceiving techniques such as freeware/shareware download, unsafe peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam emails and so on. It is very important to be cautious while downloading any program especially from the third-party sources. Read the terms and agreement and EULA page carefully. Don’t open suspicious email especially those contains attachments and has so many spelling and grammatical mistakes in the content. Using a powerful anti-malware tool will protect the work-station from malware while you are working Online as well as Offline.
Remove .Cerber3 file extension virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .Cerber3 file extension virus then you were highly suggested to delete .Cerber3 file extension virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .Cerber3 file extension virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .Cerber3 file extension virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .Cerber3 file extension virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .Cerber3 file extension virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .Cerber3 file extension virus manually?
Eliminate .Cerber3 file extension virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .Cerber3 file extension virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .Cerber3 file extension virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .Cerber3 file extension virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.Cerber3 file extension virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .Cerber3 file extension virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .Cerber3 file extension virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .Cerber3 file extension virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.