How to Get Rid of Utilitool Search Redirect
Have your browser settings replaced by Utilitool Search Redirect for all common values like homepage, search engine, or new tab options? Of so, then your system is probably infected by a potentially unwanted program which must be removed from infected system to secure your data and other values as well. This kind of hijacker are not much harmful through itself but the malware technically allows third party malicious websites to inject their malicious codes too, after which the system can be harmed severely. Therefore, in case if it’s noticed the presence of Utilitool Search Redirect on a computer unfortunately, it should never be dealt in easy and some recommended methods are highly necessary to remove it.
All about Utilitool Search Redirect
As per the experts, Utilitool Search Redirect is a new deceptive website which pretends itself to be useful in various aspects. But actually, it’s one of the deceptive website with prone to promote third parties through mid cap advertisements that often strikes the screen while playing online videos or surfing the web. This can be annoying for those who want entertainment without any irritating ads. Moreover, once this website is visited, it replaces the default values of attacked browsers, so it can also be termed as a browser hijacker as well as an adware podium. This is why it’s highly suggested not to visit this website anyhow to click any of the links prompted over its interface. But what the reports states according to millions of victim users, they don’t even visited this site still it became the homepage or search engine defaults for their browsers. If you are also considering the same how it happened with your compromised Windows system, then this post will elaborate all instances for you to yield the best help.
Since Utilitool Search Redirect is malicious, its developers tend to get traffic over it more and more to get cyber crime money conveniently. And in order to do the same, they make use of bundling its source code with varieties of free programs, videos, spam email attachments, porn sites, open online sources, and many more which gets millions of hits on daily basis. When the user download and install such bundled objects over their PCs, they instantly start to see the alterations as illustrated in above stanza. So, bundling then sharing is the most common way for online criminals to circulate this browser hijacker worldwide. If a user interacts with the same anyhow, their system get infected in real time. Therefore, it’s strongly suggested to avoid such scamming interactions and remove Utilitool Search Redirect as soon as possible once detected over your Windows system unfortunately.
Remove Utilitool Search Redirect using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Utilitool Search Redirect then you were highly suggested to delete Utilitool Search Redirect by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Utilitool Search Redirect. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Utilitool Search Redirect. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Utilitool Search Redirect from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Utilitool Search Redirect using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Utilitool Search Redirect manually?
Eliminate Utilitool Search Redirect by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Utilitool Search Redirect as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Utilitool Search Redirect entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Utilitool Search Redirect.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Utilitool Search Redirect.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Utilitool Search Redirect and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Utilitool Search Redirect infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Utilitool Search Redirect again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.