All about Gw3w Ransomware
Gw3w Ransomware is a risky and dominating data-encrypting malware that secretly infiltrates in the PC and starts encrypting the important files and programs. Researches shows that it uses AES-256 encryption algorithm and appends .email@example.com” extension in the suffix in all the files that it encrypts. Its ransom note is a text file named as “ScrewYou.txt” and it is placed in every folder that contains the encrypted files.
The ransom note of Gw3w Ransomware is very simple. It encourages the victims to contact with cyber-criminals and do whatever they ask for. The AES-256 asymmetrical encryption scheme allows cyber-criminals to create identical key for encryption and decryption of data. This unique key is stored in the special server belonging to cyber-criminals. And this is provided to the victims only after they pay the ransom money. The exact amount of ransom money is still unknown and basically the victims have to contact the cyber-criminal to know the exact ransom amount. In general, the amount of ransom money is in between $500 to $1500 and it is to be paid in Bitcion virtual currency.
Any cyber-criminals who are behind ransomware should never be trusted. There is no guarantee that they will provide the original decryption key once the money is paid. In most cases, if you pay the ransom money, you will be scammed. So, never contact with such people or pay the ransom money. Instead, first of all try to remove all the payloads and files associated with Gw3w Ransomware. So, you should immediately scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool. Make sure that each and every files and payloads of malware is removed otherwise it will continue encrypting other files and programs. Once the PC get free from malware, you can begin the data recovery process. As mentioned earlier, you must not pay the ransom money. Instead, you should try some alternate ways such using backup files or volume shadow copies. Some malware even deletes the backup files as well so in such case, you can try data recovery software.
How Ransomware Does Attacks the PC?
The intrusion of malware is executed secretly using tricks such as bundling and social engineering and spam emails. The bundling is a technique in which one program that you download secretly downloads other program that comes bundled with it secretly. Similarly, spam emails are sent by unknown senders and they are presented as if the email contains some important receipt, message, and tax invoice and so on.
Remove Gw3w Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Gw3w Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Gw3w Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Gw3w Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Gw3w Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Gw3w Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Gw3w Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Gw3w Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Gw3w Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Gw3w Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Gw3w Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Gw3w Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Gw3w Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Gw3w Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Gw3w Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Gw3w Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.