How to remove .crypto Files Virus and Recover Lost Files
.crypto Files Virus is the extension of Scarab Ransomware that locks the targeted files and makes it inaccessible. The number of victims is increasing rapidly so we have decided to provide a depth analysis and removal guide for this malware. The suffix .crypto Files Virus is implemented on every files that are encrypted by Scarab Ransomware and they cannot be accessed any further. It uses AES asymmetric encryption algorithm which works on the principle of public encryption and private decryption. After encrypting the files, it shows ransom note asking you to pay certain money as ransom in order to get the private decryption key. In order to win your trust, it will decrypt one of the locked files for free.
The identity of cyber-criminals behind .crypto Files Virus always remains hidden. They asks the victims to use Tor Browser and make payment of ransom money in Bitcoin format so that the identity of money receiver always remain anonymous. The ransom note is stored in a text file name as “How To Recover Encrypted Files.TXT” and its copies are stored in multiple location including desktop and folders containing the encrypted files. It can encrypts multiple types of files such as .txt, .doc, .html, .xls and several other files related to MS Office, multimedia and so on. Its related payload are download in the background and does a quick System scan for searching the files that it can encrypt. Its payloads could be a .dll or exe file that gets stored in locations such as %Temp%, %Local%, %AppData%, %Roaming%, %LocalRow% and so on. On the other hand, there is no particular location of its ransom note. It is stored in almost every folder containing locked files. It also alters the Windows registry editor so that its files could get active as soon as the System is booted. .crypto Files Virus is very cunning designed and it also deletes the “Shadow Volume Copies” so that victims could not recover the encrypted files from automatic backup created by Operating System.
How .crypto Files Virus Does Attack:
The spam email message is the prime source of ransomware infection. Such emails usually contain a archived zip file named as .7z archive. The attachments pretend it as if it contains some important documents that could be related to Tax refund paper, bills, receipt and so on. This works like a standard spam campaign where the spam emails are bombarded regularly to the targeted victims. Apart from spam emails, it also travels with the help of tricks like social engineering and bundling. There are injectors and installers that contain additional hidden component bundled with them and they don’t reveal about the attachment. So, you must avoid downloading freeware/shareware, cracked or bogus software, clicking on random hyperlinks and pop-ups and so on.
How to Recover Files Encrypted by .crypto Files Virus
As per the cyber-criminals, you have to pay money as mentioned in the ransom note in order to get you files back. However, this step is risky because there is no guarantee that cyber-criminals will cooperate with you once they receive the money. There have been several cases where cyber-offenders totally ignored the victim after receiving ransom payment. So, it is strongly recommended that you should never pay any money to them. Rather, you should try using backup files or data recovery software. Before using the recovery process, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the files and payloads of .crypto Files Virus are removed and it could not encrypt any other files further.
Remove .crypto Files Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .crypto Files Virus then you were highly suggested to delete .crypto Files Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .crypto Files Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .crypto Files Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .crypto Files Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .crypto Files Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .crypto Files Virus manually?
Eliminate .crypto Files Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .crypto Files Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .crypto Files Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .crypto Files Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.crypto Files Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .crypto Files Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .crypto Files Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .crypto Files Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.