ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com is a secretly intruding malware that encrypts the personal data and files on the infected PC. It appends .decodeme666@tutanota_com extension on the encrypted files and makes them totally inaccessible unless you use the decryption key. Its ransom note is stored in a text files named as (“!!!README_DECRYPT!!!.txt”) and drops its copy on every folder that contains the encrypted files.
The ransom note contains a message that says that data has been encrypted and victims have to pay ransom money in order to restore the encrypted files. The money is asked to be paid in Bitcoin crypto currency using Tor Browser.
How ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com Does Get Inside the PC?
The intrusion of malware is executed secretly. It uses tricks such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments and so on. After settling down, it self-replicates its related files and programs and distributes its multiple locations. So, be very careful while downloading any kind of program in the PC. Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully. Always choose advance/custom installation steps so that all the hidden additional files could get detected. You must unselect them so that they could not get installed. Spam email attachment is another way that is used by cyber-criminals to circulate malware. So, don’t open email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. Such spam email are usually projected as if they are sent by some governmental organization or company. And most of all strengthen the security settings and use a powerful anti-malware tool that will provide PC protection in real-time.
How to Recover Encrypted Data?
The retrieval of locked files is only possible if all the payloads and files of ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com is removed. So, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool. After this, you search for the backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies”. You can also use data recovery software to get your encrypted files back.
Remove ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com then you were highly suggested to delete ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com manually?
Eliminate ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by ACCUDATA2@tutanota.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.